Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo X1 Yoga 2nd Gen (OLED)
CPU
i7 7600U
Graphics
Intel (R) HD Graphics 620
Hi,

I just bought a brand new X1 Yoga 2nd Gen with the OLED screen and am wondering whether this laptop is compatible with any hackintosh OS. I am new to this, and have no idea on where to start searching for the right OS (if one exists). I have a macbook pro with Sierra on it. I was hoping to get something similar to Sierra running on this machine. Its running on a i7 6700U, Intel 620 Graphics, 16GB of RAM, and 512 GB NVME. Thank you in advance for your time.

-Dinero

Just about to buy one of these to replace my 2011 Macbook Pro as the new 2017 ones are way out of my price range, and miss a whole heap of critical features (like expansion ports). Would be really interested to see if there is a successful installation of OS X 10.10+ on the X1 Yoga G2

I have 1st gen X1 yoga and it was working very well until a recent Sierra update and mistakes by myself to try and fix the brightness control. I suspect many of the kexts and patches for X1 yoga will work. I would start by googling X1 Yoga hackintosh. There is a GitHub site that has the files compiled for the X1. The only issues I really had were wifi and brightness control. Both I think are also fixable. Also, getting it to dual boot windows and OS X was a bit tricky but can be done by following the guides on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back