i7-6770
Dear Hackintoshers,

Thinkpad Carbon X1 (2nd Gen)
X1 Carbon Specs:
CPU: Intel Core I7-4600U
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4400 @ 2560*1440
OS: 10.14.2 using traditional Rehabman CLOVER and basic EFI Plist
Product Link.

I got the following laptop already running Mojave stably. I have been reading a lot about getting HD4400 running and got me really confused on how to approach enabling Graphics Support. The ones I found regarding my laptop are not the same CPU/GPU architecture or the same architecture but desktop model.

On my reading, it looks like I need to change the DVMT pre-allocated memory to increase the 32MB but got lost on how to use DSDT/SSDT to inject APPL. UPDATE: I was able to unlock the Advance BIOS Settings and am able to change DVMT values and might help tweaking the video. Also, I am including the debug files as instructed on the "How to report problems FAQ".

Attached is my CLOVER Folder, the debug file, the screenshot of the BIOS Settings page to change DVMT values and the screenshot with the graphics situation I am experiencing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Joed

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 7.12.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 7.12.31 PM.png
    74 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG_20190331_152243.png
    IMG_20190331_152243.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,178
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 510
  • debug_11226.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Hi!

Just re-upload latest Clover and debug files. Still getting the 14 MB memory issue. Any help?

Hi!

Just re-upload latest Clover and debug files. Still getting the 14 MB memory issue. Any help?
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

update your clover version to latest and update your config.plist from the laptop guide:
also read post 2 of the laptop guide above regarding installing kexts

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

update your clover version to latest and update your config.plist from the laptop guide:
also read post 2 of the laptop guide above regarding installing kexts

Hi Feartech,

Just updated to the latest clover and used the suggested config.plist. See attached.

I am still getting the same scenario.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 306
  • debug_7928.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 193
I finally was able to sort this issue using the ig-platform-id = 0x0a260006 and unlocking the DVMT pre-alloc memory to 128MB. Please note that this requires unlocking the BIOS advanced menu using a SOIC8 clip and a CH134 programmer.

However, the system was booting into a flickering apple logo and progress bar then into a black screen.

Closed the lid of the laptop (tired of trying different things) and when I opened it up the screen was on. After that event, the screen loads correctly without issues everytime.

Hi folks,

Well, I am new to this process but I have the same X1 Gen 2 laptop. You mention a SOIC8 'clip' and a CH134 programmer. Are those pieces of hardware or is their another way to do this. I used multibeast to install Mojave. Now I need to install clover to my SSD. What is the best way to do this?

I used the kexts in Joedr's posts along with what multibeast generated and now I have a working "iMac (27 in mid 2013)" using a onelink pro doc where I have my wired network, dvi video, keyboard, mouse and sound all working.
This site made it really easy. Thanks to all of you. My video memory also now shows 1.4 gig which is line with the specs fo the iMac so I won't to "hackintel"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back