Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 13 9333
CPU
i5-Haswell
Graphics
HD4400, 1920x1080
I would just like to share with the community that I managed to get W530 running Yosemite 10.10 using Clover. I am attaching my EFI folder for anyone that would like to try to install it.

You must boot with the following flags:

-v kext-dev-mode=1

BIOS:
Enable only the Integrated Graphics (HD4000)
Disable CMS Support

What Works:

-Brightness: with Rehabman's kext /DSDT patching
-Battery: with Rehabman's kext / DSDT patching
-Bluetooth (had to swap the Bluetooth Module with one from a X220)
-Sound

What doesn't work:
-Wifi (W530 has a whitelist BIOS) and haven't found a compatible card. Anyone know of a compatible one? :confused:

Still working on:
-SSDT creation and power management.
-I will try to load the latest Nvidia Drivers for Yosemite since mini DisplayPort is most likely wired to the Nvidia card and thus must be enabled if you want video out.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

Attachments

• W530_EFI.zip
    21 MB · Views: 1,228

What doesn't work:
-Wifi (W530 has a whitelist BIOS) and haven't found a compatible card. Anyone know of a compatible one? :confused:

What cards are accepted by the whitelist? (check service manual).

Hi Rehabman,

I downloaded the service manual for W530 but it doesn't seem to include the full list of acceptable WIFI cards :banghead: .... I even called Lenovo support and they said they couldn't release any information about the compatible cards besides the Intel one that comes with the system. Maybe someone else has an idea on what works!

Wow Rehabman, I really appreciate the info. I will be trying part number (60Y3249) which is based on the RTL8188CE. Hopefully it works :thumbup:

Very interested to see if you can get the nvidia to work - there is a way to mod the whitelist but it requires a programmer (not too challenging - you don't need to solder but you have to take the entire thing apart). I might go that route if the nvidia can work.

Did you ever have any luck with the nvidia drivers? Do they recognize the Quadro K1000M?

Hi,

did anyone get the Sound ALC3202 on the Lenovo W530 running ? What Kext is needed here?
Any ideas?

Thank you

Hi,

did anyone get the Sound ALC3202 on the Lenovo W530 running ? What Kext is needed here?
Any ideas?

Thank you

Get a codec dump to find out what codec it is...

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back