Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

any thoughts on Lenovo w530?

I have no idea how to check for compatibility, but maybe one of you could help.

Thanks in advance

Hello gaudi, how are you?

Anyway i did a research on your laptop model turned out there are multiple ones, can you please post your specs?
Just right click on Computer > Properties > Device Manager

After it give me your specs.
I need these:

Processor, VGA, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, etc...

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I didn't have access to the laptop for a while, which is I it took me so long, but here it is:

Processor: Intel core i7-3920XM 2.90Ghz
Graphics: Intel HD 4000 and NVIDIA Quadro K2000M
Modem: H5321 gw Mobile Broadband Modem
Ethernet: Intel 82579M Gigabit Network adapter
Wifi: Intel centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN
Audio: Realtek High definition Audio

Is that enough?

I tried to build a Unibeast drive with ML using the Laptop support option, but it will not boot... I guess I would need to tweak something in the bios, but I don't know where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I have OS X 10.7.5 installed on my W530. To get the UniBeast installer to boot I had change the display setting from Optimus to discrete and I may have disabled USB 3.0. After that, I was able to install things normally. I would assume that it is the same way for Mountain Lion.

The W530's Wifi and discrete graphics don't seem to have any support on OS X. I have audio, ethernet, the keyboard, trackpad, and battery meter working. The HD 4000 graphics should work, but I've been having trouble with it.

I hope this helps
-tecnifighter

Hello Tecnifighter,

Thanks for you reply. I tried with those settings, but apparently our w530s are different. I've got the extreme version, which has a different CPU and different graphics card. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I am guessing the CPU is not supported.
Thanks anyway for your post, I'll keep trying.

I don't think the CPU would cause a problem. Try using integrated graphics and the GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag. Here is a thread with some other people that have installed Mountain Lion on their W530s. It has more information about installing OS X on the W530 that may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back