1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm trying to get the nVidia GPU (Quadro 1000M) working, which is supposed to be supported. I have a 99% working hackintosh Lenovo W520 (with the exception of USB 3 which is a no-go on 6 series chipset, and of course Nvidia GPU). I've patched my own DSDT to get battery status and Intel HD3000 graphics working (without clover injection), but I'd like to be able to use the Nvidia GPU, the Quadro 1000M which actually does work to some extent, but not with my current DSDT. If I use a DSDT that isn't patched for the HD3000, I can boot to a black screen and VNC in and see that graphics acceleration is in fact working, so I'm sure it's just a matter of patching DSDT to point to the proper output.

I'm attaching my config.plist, lspci and lsusb dumps from Linux, my current dsdt, ioreg dump, etc.

The 'config-nvidia.plist' contains my edid dumped from Windows, but it makes no difference.

If there is anything else that would be useful, please let me know and I can upload it too.

Attachments

• config-nvidia.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 341
  • config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 329
  • DSDT-batt.aml
    53.8 KB · Views: 352
  • ioregdump.ioreg
    9.8 MB · Views: 297
  • lspci.txt
    34.8 KB · Views: 288
  • lsusb.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 311
I'm trying to get the nVidia GPU (Quadro 1000M) working, which is supposed to be supported. I have a 99% working hackintosh Lenovo W520 (with the exception of USB 3 which is a no-go on 6 series chipset, and of course Nvidia GPU). I've patched my own DSDT to get battery status and Intel HD3000 graphics working (without clover injection), but I'd like to be able to use the Nvidia GPU, the Quadro 1000M which actually does work to some extent, but not with my current DSDT. If I use a DSDT that isn't patched for the HD3000, I can boot to a black screen and VNC in and see that graphics acceleration is in fact working, so I'm sure it's just a matter of patching DSDT to point to the proper output.

I'm attaching my config.plist, lspci and lsusb dumps from Linux, my current dsdt, ioreg dump, etc.

The 'config-nvidia.plist' contains my edid dumped from Windows, but it makes no difference.

If there is anything else that would be useful, please let me know and I can upload it too.

This is likely Optimus... therefore not supported (you can use Intel only).

Read FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

It is optimus, but I can select between Intel, nVidia or switchable in BIOS. And, booting with optimus enabled actually works, until I fire up something that would cause the nVidia GPU to kick in, ie; VMware Fusion. On my previous hack laptop (a Lenovo T410, also with Optimus) I was able to select the nVidia GPU with working graphics injection (had 1st gen intel HD and was able to get that working as well, albeit without acceleration). So the issue is not switchable graphics. I'm positive that this can be fixed with DSDT

It is optimus, but I can select between Intel, nVidia or switchable in BIOS. And, booting with optimus enabled actually works, until I fire up something that would cause the nVidia GPU to kick in, ie; VMware Fusion. On my previous hack laptop (a Lenovo T410, also with Optimus) I was able to select the nVidia GPU with working graphics injection (had 1st gen intel HD and was able to get that working as well, albeit without acceleration). So the issue is not switchable graphics. I'm positive that this can be fixed with DSDT

If you set it to Nvidia only, then you should be able to get it working with the proper driver setup, ACPI patches, settings in config.plist, etc.

But not with it set in Nvidia+Intel mode.

That's what I'm after. It's got a core i7 and 32 GB of RAM, so battery life is never going to be great. I'd like to be able to use the nvidia GPU.

That's what I'm after. It's got a core i7 and 32 GB of RAM, so battery life is never going to be great. I'd like to be able to use the nvidia GPU.

Google is your friend.
No experience with Nvidia and information tends to be sparse for laptops... (not many people have laptops with dedicated Nvidia).

hi Ryan!

have you had any luck?
I guess I'm in the same boat. I cannot connect external display through displayport, it seems like it only possible with nvidia working.

Yeah, turns out it's an smbios thing. To use the Intel side you have to use MacBookPro8,x and pretty much just about ANYTHING else for the Nvidia side. OK m using retina MacBook pro 10,1 smbios iirc. Also I'm using dsdt injection, so no clover Nvidia injection.

And as for the DP port not working, it's physically only connected to the Nvidia side. So you have to use Nvidia for external monitor.

Optimus devices not supported. Please read the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back