CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What is the Best Way to install El Capitan on a Lenovo (w510)
Right now im running El Capitan bit getting allots of kernel panic, reboot loop at start up.
missing: shutdown, wifi, Sound, Bluetooth, battery indicator, and some other small issues.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

You will need to do some research on the Nvidia and what is required to enable it (maybe Nvidia web drivers).

Its almost a book... Not a guide ;) .

I have readed, but im not getting closer, the problem Came when going from Unibeast 6.0.1 to 6.1.1
newer had the problem befor ..

The guide does not use Unibeast.

Hmm yes your right.

but thats i all to difficul a Way to do it.

I Will find the old Unibeast instead...

The "old" Unibeast does not support 10.11 (Chimera/Chameleon problem).

Good luck...

I have the same laptop and got some of those things to work but I used Clover not Unibeast.

I gave up working on it because there is a big problem with this laptop.
The USB3 controller is NEC/Renasas and is not supported in El Capitan.
That is a deal breaker for me since it leaves the laptop with only one USB port (the single port on the back of the laptop).

But, to address some of your issues:

An appropriately patched DSDT file specific for your model W510 will solve many instabilities.

WFIF/BT - I have a patched BIOS that removes the whitelist restriction, so I have installed a WIFI/BT combo card that is natively supported

Sound - I used a patched version of the AppleHDA kext with the proper deviceID

Battery - Use Rehabman's battery fixes along with the associated DSDT patches

Shutdown - I fought with that in Mavericks and finally got it working, I am still fighting with it in Yosemite, I never got to it in ElCapitan because of the USB3 issue notes in the post above.

I have the same laptop and got some of those things to work but I used Clover not Unibeast.

I gave up working on it because there is a big problem with this laptop.
The USB3 controller is NEC/Renasas and is not supported in El Capitan.
That is a deal breaker for me since it leaves the laptop with only one USB port (the single port on the back of the laptop).

With NEC/Renesas, OS X versions prior to 10.11 are a better choice.

You will need to do some research on the Nvidia and what is required to enable it (maybe Nvidia web drivers).
For me, I simply had boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes initially then made sure that was added as a permanent boot flag. After the install, I did download and use the NVIDIA web driver package.

For me, I simply had boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes initially then made sure that was added as a permanent boot flag. After the install, I did download and use the NVIDIA web driver package.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes is for Chameleon/Chimera. Would need to be something different for 10.11 and Clover.

I remember creating the USB Boot drive with Unibeast, selecting legacy and NVIDIA options, then on initial boot I got a black screen after the initial grey Apple screen. I added GraphicsEnabler=Yes at boot and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back