Contribute
Register

Lenovo V330 - 15ikb

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB ports corrected with SSDT-UIAC-ALL, my XHC Controller is 8086_9d2f

You still need to customize the SSDT for the actual ports present.

USB Power Property: I added the SSDT-EC as my ACPI does have a ECDT, but I can't find USBX and not sure if I need it or what power properties do I need to inject/where/how to find them,

Need for USBX depends on the SMBIOS you're using.
Newer SMBIOS, needs USBX, older ones don't.

ELAN Touchpad (this one will be a PITA until i manage to make it work) at least mouse simulation with right and left click would be more than enough first.

There is a closed source kext for ELAN PS2.
But maybe your trackpad is I2C.

You still need to customize the SSDT for the actual ports present.
Sorry, i was unclear on my previous post.
I did customize my SSDT-UIAC as per guide, USB Ports should be correct now.
I also assume that the USR1 & USR2 ports are the USB-C Ports.
Need for USBX depends on the SMBIOS you're using.
Newer SMBIOS, needs USBX, older ones don't.
I did read the “USB property injection guide” a few times, but what im unclear now is where do i get the USBX values ?
Is that something i can find on my ACPI or i have to use the one with the values that you posted on the guide ?.
My ACPI has an ECDT, so i injected the SSDT-EC, now it loads properly when i check on ioreg.
So the problem is do i need USBX as my smbios 14.1 isn’t present on the info.plist ?
If i do,where do i find the USBX values/properties ?
There is a closed source kext for ELAN PS2.
But maybe your trackpad is I2C.
I believe i know to which one are you refering.
The one that you have on your Lenovo Z50 repo on kext folder ?
Unfortunately the site where the kext is posted and the documentation on how to use, their site is under maintenance.
On device Manager on windows, it was ELAN Touchpad and above there was an I2C HID and I2C Elan Touchpad, something like that, so my assumption is its an Elan I2C precision touchpad.
So in that case i will need to go for that VoodooI2C kext which will require some decent amount of work until i make it work.

About Graphics Intel UHD 620 (Kaby Lake R)
I have Graphics working but i have a feeling i overdid the configuration.
  • Right now i have the DVMT patch on config.plist which is correct.
  • FakePCIID_Intel_Graphics.kext + SSDT-SKLSPF (skylake spoof) in acpi/patched (are any of these two needed/or are these two the same so i should remove one of them/or none is needed ?)
  • Intelgraphicsfixup.kext,Shiki.kext,Lilu.kext
HDMI:
Do i need the FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI.kext on kabylake r ?
Aside from the hda=gfx on InteGFX & hda & the correct port patch on config.plist ?

Will post “Problem Reporting” files when i finnish work and go home.

I did read the “USB property injection guide” a few times, but what im unclear now is where do i get the USBX values ?
Is that something i can find on my ACPI or i have to use the one with the values that you posted on the guide ?.

You will not find USBX in your ACPI set. It is an Apple thing.

My ACPI has an ECDT, so i injected the SSDT-EC, now it loads properly when i check on ioreg.
So the problem is do i need USBX as my smbios 14.1 isn’t present on the info.plist ?
If i do,where do i find the USBX values/properties ?

Yes/iMac17,1 values are provided in the guide.
This is USBX from MacBookPro14,3:
Code:
        Device (USBX)
        {
            Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                Store (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit", 
                        0x0BB8, 
                        "kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit", 
                        0x0BB8
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }
        }

I believe i know to which one are you refering.
The one that you have on your Lenovo Z50 repo on kext folder ?

My Z50 fork (from the-braveknight) is not current.
You should look at the-braveknight current Z50 github.

On device Manager on windows, it was ELAN Touchpad and above there was an I2C HID and I2C Elan Touchpad, something like that, so my assumption is its an Elan I2C precision touchpad.
So in that case i will need to go for that VoodooI2C kext which will require some decent amount of work until i make it work.

Yes.

About Graphics Intel UHD 620 (Kaby Lake R)
I have Graphics working but i have a feeling i overdid the configuration.
  • Right now i have the DVMT patch on config.plist which is correct.
  • FakePCIID_Intel_Graphics.kext + SSDT-SKLSPF (skylake spoof) in acpi/patched (are any of these two needed/or are these two the same so i should remove one of them/or none is needed ?)
  • Intelgraphicsfixup.kext,Shiki.kext,Lilu.kext

You might try native KBL kexts.

HDMI:
Do i need the FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI.kext on kabylake r ?
Aside from the hda=gfx on InteGFX & hda & the correct port patch on config.plist ?

FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext is a "use if needed" sort of situation.

Yes/iMac17,1 values are provided in the guide.
This is USBX from MacBookPro14,3:
So how do i find it for MacBookPro14,1 usbx ?

Or you are suggesting to use the MacBookPro14,3 that you posted there ?
My Z50 fork (from the-braveknight) is not current.
You should look at the-braveknight current Z50 github.
Found out that their site is back now.

So how do i find it for MacBookPro14,1 ?

You would need to find an ioreg (or ACPI set) from a MacBookPro14,1.

Or you are suggesting to use the MacBookPro14,3 that you posted there ?

Your choice.
You could try it and see how it works out.

You would need to find an ioreg (or ACPI set) from a MacBookPro14,1.

Your choice.
You could try it and see how it works out.

@RehabMan Here are problem reporting files attached with the script.

Problems:
-Touchpad not working:
Tried the Closed source kext, no keyboard, no touchpad, (which I believe is expected since it hasn't been updated for High Sierra.
Installed the VoodooI2C and did the required changes, Pinned the GPIO and IOREG shows no more controllers related stuff on ACPIPlane but still no input

- HDMI Port working, however when i unplug the monitor cable, the screen stays black on the laptop. Hard reboot to work
- Using AppleALC for now, will patch the codec after I make the dump on linux but I skipped that for now since my main problem is touchpad for now and I really want it to work.
- Not sure if Power Management is ok, maybe you can check if its ok and point out a issue if theres a problem.
- USB port injector created (will disable the fingerprint reader on it later as theres no support for it) and also injected power properties as described per guide, but you can take a lot a confirm if its ok now.
- FN Buttons & Brightness keys to be mapped, it should be easy i think (from past experience).
Had no previous experience on new generations so i would be glad if you can take a look overall and point out the problems.

Attachments

• debug_30175.zip
    973.3 KB · Views: 68
@RehabMan Here are problem reporting files attached with the script.

Problems:
-Touchpad not working:
Tried the Closed source kext, no keyboard, no touchpad, (which I believe is expected since it hasn't been updated for High Sierra.
Installed the VoodooI2C and did the required changes, Pinned the GPIO and IOREG shows no more controllers related stuff on ACPIPlane but still no input

- HDMI Port working, however when i unplug the monitor cable, the screen stays black on the laptop. Hard reboot to work
- Using AppleALC for now, will patch the codec after I make the dump on linux but I skipped that for now since my main problem is touchpad for now and I really want it to work.
- Not sure if Power Management is ok, maybe you can check if its ok and point out a issue if theres a problem.
- USB port injector created (will disable the fingerprint reader on it later as theres no support for it) and also injected power properties as described per guide, but you can take a lot a confirm if its ok now.
- FN Buttons & Brightness keys to be mapped, it should be easy i think (from past experience).
Had no previous experience on new generations so i would be glad if you can take a look overall and point out the problems.

No EFI/Clover in these PR files.

No EFI/Clover in these PR files.
Ok here they are, also I noticed this message on kernel log:
2018-04-24 21:24:41.012506+0200 0x155e Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (ACPIBatteryManager) ACPIBatteryManager: WARNING! fMaxCapacity > fDesignCapacity. adjusted fMaxCapacity from 4162, to 4000
2018-04-24 21:24:41.012514+0200 0x155e Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (ACPIBatteryManager) ACPIBatteryManager: WARNING! fCurrentCapacity > fMaxCapacity. adjusted fCurrentCapacity from 4162, to 4000
What does it actually mean ?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 82
  • debug_30175.zip
    973.3 KB · Views: 69
Ok here they are, also I noticed this message on kernel log:
2018-04-24 21:24:41.012506+0200 0x155e Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (ACPIBatteryManager) ACPIBatteryManager: WARNING! fMaxCapacity > fDesignCapacity. adjusted fMaxCapacity from 4162, to 4000
2018-04-24 21:24:41.012514+0200 0x155e Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (ACPIBatteryManager) ACPIBatteryManager: WARNING! fCurrentCapacity > fMaxCapacity. adjusted fCurrentCapacity from 4162, to 4000
What does it actually mean ?

It means your ACPI is returning values that indicate MaxCapacity and CurrentCapacity larger than DesignCapacity.
And macOS doesn't like that, so ACPIBatteryManager.kext adjusts the values to be within the range specified by DesignCapacity.

It means your ACPI is returning values that indicate MaxCapacity and CurrentCapacity larger than DesignCapacity.
And macOS doesn't like that, so ACPIBatteryManager.kext adjusts the values to be within the range specified by DesignCapacity.
Ok so ACPIBatterymanager.kext takes care of that.

What about issues on Post #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back