Contribute
Register

Lenovo V330 - 15ikb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put memory details in config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory.
Added the info, but didn't work, tried to generate by clover configurator the smbios data for the 14,1 and generated a uuid and paste (so that way the smbios part was completed, now laptop started booting the installer.

Thank you !

Added the info, but didn't work, tried to generate by clover configurator the smbios data for the 14,1 and generated a uuid and paste (so that way the smbios part was completed, now laptop started booting the installer.

Thank you !

SMBIOS data provided by Clover should be ok.
But there may be a bug in it.

You could always bump down to MacBookPro11,1.

SMBIOS data provided by Clover should be ok.
But there may be a bug in it.
I managed to reach the installer, but i guess i can't install it on External HDD via usb3.0
it showing gray option and something like this drive may be missing firmware.

Also touchpad not working at all, 2 usb ports, 1 for USB Installer, 1 for external, no left port except a dongle to expand.

Is it possible to install on external HDD via USB, could it be that the Dongle may be causing issues for that ?

I managed to reach the installer, but i guess i can't install it on External HDD via usb3.0
it showing gray option and something like this drive may be missing firmware.

Also touchpad not working at all, 2 usb ports, 1 for USB Installer, 1 for external, no left port except a dongle to expand.

Is it possible to install on external HDD via USB, could it be that the Dongle may be causing issues for that ?

I have installed Sierra on USB3, but that was a while ago.
Did you partition the external USB drive as GPT?
Keep in mind USB3 requires some work (configuration of USBInjectAll.kext via ACPI).

Yes i did, with:
diskutil list
diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk3/ GPT HFS+J "Mac Ext" R

But it seems that it doesn't work for now.

Yes i did, with:
diskutil list
diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk3/ GPT HFS+J "Mac Ext" R

But it seems that it doesn't work for now.
I formatted the external hdd as apfs and installation succeeded (part1)
However part2 is facing same issue, even though I didn’t touch the efi partition anymore aside from adding apfs.efi at drivers64uefi folder.

I will try to download your config repo and add your config for hd 620 without touching it, copy ram memory details from the old config and add them with plistedit pro instead of CC,

In case it fails, i will try the spoof config from skylake with macbook air smbios until i reach desktop, its definetly a bug as it seems to work and not work on a random pattern.

I formatted the external hdd as apfs and installation succeeded (part1)
However part2 is facing same issue, even though I didn’t touch the efi partition anymore aside from adding apfs.efi at drivers64uefi folder.

I will try to download your config repo and add your config for hd 620 without touching it, copy ram memory details from the old config and add them with plistedit pro instead of CC,

In case it fails, i will try the spoof config from skylake with macbook air smbios until i reach desktop, its definetly a bug as it seems to work and not work on a random pattern.
@RehabMan i can confirm that there is a bug with macbook pro 14.1 smbios as it wasn’t working.
When i checked at your config repo,i noticed that you previously were using smbios or macbook air 6.2 since there was no kabylake support at that time.
What i did is leave the config as it was for 620 and only change smbios to macbookair 6.2 and now it works.

@RehabMan i can confirm that there is a bug with macbook pro 14.1 smbios as it wasn’t working.
When i checked at your config repo,i noticed that you previously were using smbios or macbook air 6.2 since there was no kabylake support at that time.
What i did is leave the config as it was for 620 and only change smbios to macbookair 6.2 and now it works.

This is the data from platformdata.c in Clover:
//MacBookPro14,1
{ "MacBookPro14,1", "MBP141.88Z.0173.B00.1802081002", "Mac-B4831CEBD52A0C4C", // Intel Core i5-7360U @ 2.30 GHz
"MacBook Pro", "1.0", "C02TNHACHV29", "MacBook-Aluminum",

How is it different from the MacBookPro14,1 data you're using?

Note: I've seen quite a few plists using MacBookPro14,1 with success...

This is the data from platformdata.c in Clover:
//MacBookPro14,1
{ "MacBookPro14,1", "MBP141.88Z.0173.B00.1802081002", "Mac-B4831CEBD52A0C4C", // Intel Core i5-7360U @ 2.30 GHz
"MacBook Pro", "1.0", "C02TNHACHV29", "MacBook-Aluminum",

How is it different from the MacBookPro14,1 data you're using?

Note: I've seen quite a few plists using MacBookPro14,1 with success...
Nvm, it should be either plisteditpro or clover configurator messing the config.plist i guess

@RehabMan i installed successfully (Finally)

Progress:
  • Battery Status works without patching needed
  • DW1560 Working (Lucky that this model has no whitelist on Bios)
  • SD Card Reader works OOB (Next piece of Luck)
  • IGPU Works although my setup is messy for now as I have both the SSDT for Skylake spoof injected & FakePCIID & HD_Graphics
  • Brightness works
  • USB ports corrected with SSDT-UIAC-ALL, my XHC Controller is 8086_9d2f
  • USB Power Property: I added the SSDT-EC as my ACPI does have a ECDT, but I can't find USBX and not sure if I need it or what power properties do I need to inject/where/how to find them,
  • Audio working with AppleALC but that doesn't satisfy me, keeping it until I fix the more important things, then I will dump the codec on linux and patch it by myself.
  • HDMI Port/Audio to be fixed tomorrow
  • Keyboard FN Shortcuts & Brightness keys to be fixed tomorrow
  • ELAN Touchpad (this one will be a PITA until i manage to make it work) at least mouse simulation with right and left click would be more than enough first.
  • etc = to be checked tomorrow
Will upload the problem reporting files tomorrow cause for now, I'm going to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back