Graphics
intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just got this done and wanted to document it.
Have a USB mouse handy before you start.
Using Rehabman's guide to upgrade from 10.8.4 to 10.9 (follow his guide in the Probook subforum). Install went well (boot requires PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -x IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatform=01660003)

Finish install. Reboot using USB (Fn/F12). boot 10.9 drive with -f
Go to security settings and allow apps from anywhere
Startup Multibeast. Install Trim Enabler, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, FakeSMC, RTL ethernet).
Remove USB, reboot.

Working:
Wifi - AR9280 (WiFi/BT combo BCM943225HMB works fine also using enabler)
Camera
USB (tested with mouse and USB2 flash drive) on all ports
Trackpad - reinstall Rehabman's voodoo
Keyboard - reinstall Rehabman's voodoo
Battery meter - use Rehabman's battery meter
Audio - Patch 10.9 applehda
HDMI Audio - patch FrameBufferCapri kext
Sleep is slower in Mavs vs ML. It now takes 15-20 secs to fall asleep

Not Working (so far)

Hey ikkoku,

I followed your notes and was successful in installing Mavericks, however, upon first boot (the step where you said use bootflag -f) the notebook boots into a black screen and nothing happens. I Rebooted again with the same bootflags as the installer and I get the same black screen. I have a feeling it is a Video Card issue but how do I get it to boot?

Thanks alot buddy!

UPDATE: I mistyped the bootflags, and now it works :) You're a genius! However, could you please share how you fixed Audio and HDMI Audio? Files? Thank you!

Audio - Patch 10.9 applehda
HDMI Audio - patch FrameBufferCapri kext

Could you please share how you fixed Audio and HDMI Audio? Files? Thank you!

Also, I installed Mavericks from scratch without updating from any previous versions, however, I cannot find any information on what options to select in Multibeast. Do I just pick what you mentioned in your original post? Is there DSDT file floating for U310 for Mavericks? I keep getting a KP evertime I attempt post-installation steps with Multibeast.

Could you please share how you fixed Audio and HDMI Audio? Files? Thank you!

Also, I installed Mavericks from scratch without updating from any previous versions, however, I cannot find any information on what options to select in Multibeast. Do I just pick what you mentioned in your original post? Is there DSDT file floating for U310 for Mavericks? I keep getting a KP evertime I attempt post-installation steps with Multibeast.

are you using a U310?
you can follow from the ML thread.
I used the same dsdt.

for HDMI audio and Audio, see pages 28-30 from this thread
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/111458-u410-kp-after-boot-28.html#post688106

are you using a U310?
you can follow from the ML thread.
I used the same dsdt.

for HDMI audio and Audio, see pages 28-30 from this thread
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/111458-u410-kp-after-boot-28.html#post688106

Hey ikkoku, Which ML thread? and yes I have a U310 that is identical in specs to yours. Kind of new to the patching of kexts so it will take me some time to do the audio. My biggest obstacle right now is the lack of dsdt file and not knowing what options I should pick for a "clean-install" of mavericks on the U310 as I've never installed 10.8 on it before. Making good progress... keep up the good work :)

Hey ikkoku, Which ML thread? and yes I have a U310 that is identical in specs to yours. Kind of new to the patching of kexts so it will take me some time to do the audio. My biggest obstacle right now is the lack of dsdt file and not knowing what options I should pick for a "clean-install" of mavericks on the U310 as I've never installed 10.8 on it before. Making good progress... keep up the good work :)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/65751-lenovo-ideapad-u310.html

you can also read up on U410 threads also since the two are similar

So dsdt that you are using for Mavericks is the one attached in post #26 by egarbage? no modifications necessary? and I assume I should also pick the options presented in post #26 in Multibeast? Thanks ikkoku.

It is recommended that You should get a clean dsdt from your own machine and apply patches.

So dsdt that you are using for Mavericks is the one attached in post #26 by egarbage? no modifications necessary? and I assume I should also pick the options presented in post #26 in Multibeast? Thanks ikkoku.

You may want to create your own dsdt with the dsdt from your computer.

Get maciasl

From Rehabman:

My repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

My suggestions:
"HD4000 Low Resolution"
"Brightness fix"
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"

These two specifically in this order:
"7-series USB3 Multiplex"
"6-series USB"

"Lenovo Ux10-z580"
"AR9285 WiFi RP03-PXSX" (if you really have a 9285)
"IRQ Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"HPET Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"AC Adapter Fix"
"Add MCHC"
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Audio Layout 12"

Status
Not open for further replies.