Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi.

After 2 days of searching I make this post.
The installation using Unibeast works fine, reboot from the USB and still ok.
After installing Multibeast 5.3.0 and reboot, I see the Apple logo and then when I should see the desktop the screen goes black, as if it's off.
Eventually I saw someone said they used the HDMI port and it works on both internal and external that way, but no internal screen if I unplug the HDMI cable. No one has posted a solution to this that I can find.

While the HDMI is connected and it goes to sleep, when I power on the internal screen comes up a few seconds before the external one does.
If I unplug the HDMI cable i notice that the internal screen still stays on for a few seconds then goes off, as if going to sleep.

With the HDMI cable there is full CE/CI and proper resolutions.

Has anyone had any success with this so far?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi.

After 2 days of searching I make this post.
The installation using Unibeast works fine, reboot from the USB and still ok.
After installing Multibeast 5.3.0 and reboot, I see the Apple logo and then when I should see the desktop the screen goes black, as if it's off.
Eventually I saw someone said they used the HDMI port and it works on both internal and external that way, but no internal screen if I unplug the HDMI cable. No one has posted a solution to this that I can find.

While the HDMI is connected and it goes to sleep, when I power on the internal screen comes up a few seconds before the external one does.
If I unplug the HDMI cable i notice that the internal screen still stays on for a few seconds then goes off, as if going to sleep.

With the HDMI cable there is full CE/CI and proper resolutions.

Has anyone had any success with this so far?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You need to set the AAPL,ig-platform-id. There are lots of ways to do this (DSDT, device-properties injection, Enoch Chameleon, SSDT), but I like to patch DSDT for it. This is the patch you need:

Code:
#   Inject HDMI info into GFX0/IGPU   */
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "hda-gfx",\n 
        Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
        "AAPL,ig-platform-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01 },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

The "hda-gfx" inject is for HDMI audio, but I leave it in here in case you eventually want to make that work too (needs corresponding HDEF inject).

Status
Not open for further replies.