Contribute
Register

Lenovo ThinkPad X230 (Tablet) compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, when i enable graphicsenabler in bootlist I get the black screen during boot. Any Solution? I've tried with many hd4000 ids with no result.

EDIT: Solved with EFI-string injection :D

I guess I should've checked beforehand, but I upgraded to 10.8.3 and now VoodooHDA is causing my system to kernel panic :( any ideas on getting around this? also, on that note, any progress on patching applehda to work with the x230t? i've been dying to have proper sound support! i don't want the progress to die off on this system! thanks you guys :D

I guess I should've checked beforehand, but I upgraded to 10.8.3 and now VoodooHDA is causing my system to kernel panic :( any ideas on getting around this? also, on that note, any progress on patching applehda to work with the x230t? i've been dying to have proper sound support! i don't want the progress to die off on this system! thanks you guys :D

Hey Klaymator, I don't think that VoodooHDA is workable in 10.8.3 based upon what you just said. I don't have 10.8.3 yet (I tend to upgrade with extreme caution), so I can't say I've encountered this issue. However, make a post on their forums and see what they say. I still can't patch the Apple HDA so we don't have native sound yet.

On a different note, have you noticed that the computer is a lot slower if it's started on battery power instead of AC? I think that some throttling is going on.. I should have a chance to take a look at that this weekend.

oops! sorry for the late reply :O

i got audio working by installing an older version of VoodooHDA, it was either 2.8.1 or 2.8.0

and yeah, now that you mention it i was wondering why my laptop was extremely sluggish or really snappy at random times, it seems that it is indeed a faster computer when i boot it with the AC adapter plugged in, what would need to be done to fix that issue?

On a different note, have you noticed that the computer is a lot slower if it's started on battery power instead of AC? I think that some throttling is going on.. I should have a chance to take a look at that this weekend.

It's caused by native EFI/BIOS speed stepping in X230T. ML reads cpu state which is set on startup and can't change it later (especially when plugging in AC adaptor). See "Apple logo"->"This Mac" for CPU speed after booting with and without AC adaptor ;)

Another news. My X230T is working with ML without any DSTS patches. Only thing that is not working well is sleep/wake function. I'm not using any VoodooHDA because it was causing problems with USB support (system was hanging).

Has anybody spotted ability to use USB ports in docking station?

EDIT (12.04.2013): Audio is partially working (speakers+jack working; mic dead; don't know about audio through DP, will try to check later) with AppleHDA linked by Freeman and VoodooHDA v2.8.0. I've read somewhere that it's the only one supporting ML x64. I've used the one in pkg file. The most important is no kernel panic and no usb problems :D

i got the mic to work through changing settings in the VoodooHDA pref pane,

it takes some tinkering, but navigate to Microphone (Digital):

- 'Mic' slider all the way up to max
- 'IMix' slider is a little below halfway
- 'Recording Level' slider is about 3/4
- 'Monitor' is about 3/4 as well

It's caused by native EFI/BIOS speed stepping in X230T. ML reads cpu state which is set on startup and can't change it later (especially when plugging in AC adaptor). See "Apple logo"->"This Mac" for CPU speed after booting with and without AC adaptor ;)

Another news. My X230T is working with ML without any DSTS patches. Only thing that is not working well is sleep/wake function. I'm not using any VoodooHDA because it was causing problems with USB support (system was hanging).

Has anybody spotted ability to use USB ports in docking station?

EDIT (12.04.2013): Audio is partially working (speakers+jack working; mic dead; don't know about audio through DP, will try to check later) with AppleHDA linked by Freeman and VoodooHDA v2.8.0. I've read somewhere that it's the only one supporting ML x64. I've used the one in pkg file. The most important is no kernel panic and no usb problems :D

Well, mine actually doesn't show the slower speed on battery. It's weird. You need a DSDT though, it will help you fix your sleep wake issues. Check earlier in the thread for instructions.

I'll ask again, is ANYONE capable of writing an Apple HDA for this machine? I really dislike Voodoo HDA.

Yes actually. I'll publish a write up in a day or so.

Heya, did you or anyone else get a writeup going? I'm looking into Hackintoshing my X230T (i5 3320m, 8GB (2x 4gb ddr3 1600), 120gb 2.5" ssd, IPS display with multitouch, hd4000 graphics) with a dual-boot on a stock 120gb SSD with Win8, though I have no problem buying a separate mSATA SSD to do so with. I do have access to a "real" Mac to generate a USB thumbdrive with if needed for the install files, and need to know what to buy from Apple for discs/software (I know I need an OSX DVD and a digital upgrade, I think?) .

Can anyone list the files needed or if things like a DSDT are required, to do this with and a rough outline of the steps?

I need to be able to keep OSX updated... basically my requirements are graphics (HD4000), built-in keyboard and touchpad (usb for mouse would rock though instead!), and the Ethernet port working. Niceties would be sound, WLAN, and-or full CPU speed without having to be plugged in for bootup (speedstep). I am not adverse to flashing the BIOS if needed, whatever will result in the smoothest & easiest overall solution for a dual-boot of Win8 & OSX (either same drive or mSATA + stock SSD 2.5"). Thanks all!

Hi everyone! i hope not everyone has given up on this, fraisdos on the thinkpads forum has written up a very nice guide on getting the x230(t) to run Mountain Lion from scratch, even more awesome is that he also details on an AppleHDA patch, and i can confirm it works great (though the internal mic doesnt seem to work, i have contacted him about this to see if there's anything that can be done)

speedstepping works and full QI/CI HD4000 support, and no jerkiness or lag are present in the animations! i believe this is the closest i've gotten to having a fully working x230 hackintosh setup, and i hope more can be done about the pen/touch situation on the tablets, but i wont fret for now

and Freeman, you said you were able to use the tablet features through VMware fusion? and you can do this without patching anything?

hope you guys are doing well C:

Hi everyone! i hope not everyone has given up on this, fraisdos on the thinkpads forum has written up a very nice guide on getting the x230(t) to run Mountain Lion from scratch, even more awesome is that he also details on an AppleHDA patch, and i can confirm it works great (though the internal mic doesnt seem to work, i have contacted him about this to see if there's anything that can be done)

speedstepping works and full QI/CI HD4000 support, and no jerkiness or lag are present in the animations! i believe this is the closest i've gotten to having a fully working x230 hackintosh setup, and i hope more can be done about the pen/touch situation on the tablets, but i wont fret for now

and Freeman, you said you were able to use the tablet features through VMware fusion? and you can do this without patching anything?

hope you guys are doing well C:

I'm still kicking, school is a major pain though. I haven't had much time to continue working on the project. A genuine Apple HDA would be great though, I'll go look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back