Contribute
Register

Lenovo ThinkPad X230 (Tablet) compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a way to block the system from communicating with the digitizer so that Controller Mate can take over. However, it's not a really good option cause the kext that I'm disabling could possibly be used by other HID devices in the futur and on top of that, I didn't find a way yet to enable the pressure sensitivity and eraser on the digitizer. You could try this to see what you think about this not so good workaround:

In your Terminal
- sudo su (enter your password)
- cd /System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/
- mv IOHIDEventDriverSafeBoot.kext IOHIDEventDriverSafeBoot.kext.bak

after that, repair permissions with Kext Utility and reboot. If you get any kernel panic, reboot with ignoring caches (-f) at the first restart.

Then Controller Mate will be the only one using your Tablet. If you want to reenable the IOHIDEventDriver, you need to redo the previous steps but "mv" the IOHIDEventDriverSafeBoot.kext.bak to IOHIDEventDriverSafeBoot.kext, then repair and reboot.

Here's the Controller Mate file that I'm working on.

Attachments

• x230tCM.v.2.cmate.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 202
ok, i'll have a go at generating an SSDT, but while i'm doing that... I do have one more pretty large issue which is concerning me

i have not been able to properly setup dual-booting on a single hard drive on my x230t. I've been booting from my OS X installation flash drive just to use my mac partition. without it I only get chain booting errors, and I've tried googling and using solutions that people have given, but no dice. What is the proper way to get a dual-booting setup on a single hard drive? thank you so much you guys, you've been a great help!

Hey Klaymator,

The guide posted on Tonymacx86 is apparently not working for everyone. I used the instructions given by Oquunn: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide/comments2.html#comments

It fixed it for me, post back if it works for you as well. Also, have you done the MBR hack yet?

Lu wi, I'll try out your instructions this weekend. I assume that pinch to zoom and other multitouch commands are not available, correct? Also, I think modifying the Wacom drivers will be the best eventual solution for pen support (but controllermate may be the best we can do for touch, that seems to be handled by a different manufacturer's digitizer). I'll let you know how it goes.

Is anyone noticing a bit of jerkyness in the UI? I think we may not be fully utilizing the HD 4000 in our machines.. I compared it to a MBP and the MBP definitely had a higher animation framerate. Just a thought.

Yeah, either modifying the Wacom or the HID drivers will be the best way to go...

For the GPU, I've noticed that Windows has a better OpenGL score compared to the hackintosh. It's weird that a real mac has a better score than the hackintosh if we're using the same kexts and same card. Maybe it has to do with the BIOS but we can't really change anything there, can we? When your're talking about jerkyness in the UI, are you really seeing any problems or is it the differences in framerate?

Keep up the good work!

I was wondering if you guys had any news on the BIOS whitelist removal.
Thanks

Just did it.... (I've stayed on version 1.09 for this reason, so that's the one I used)
How can I test the results without putting in a different card? Does anyone know?

the only one i tried was the one he made for 2.03, which truthfully is the BIOS version that i want to stay with :( unfortunately it was not flashing correctly (as shown by the log file generated by the process), after multiple times of contacting the guy after the fact resulted in no replies, so I'm not too sure! Maybe you could give a shot at contacting him?

The two versions I tested (1.09 and 2.03) did flash without any problems, however, my Atheros card is still unauthorized.

Darn. Well, I'll see whether I can bug someone into doing it for us.

Modbook and a local service center have basically refused to help me because they cannot reveal Wacom's source code... Unfortunate. I'm not sure how we're going to get touch working, if ever. Also, I think our laptops are being throttled if they boot on battery power (implying that power management is not completely working). The animations in OS X are only when the system was started on battery power. I'll look into it.
If anyone has some advice on how to get the fingerprint reader working, please let me know. I tried editing the device id into the driver provided by truesuite, but no dice.

That, sound, powermanagement, and the SD card reader are the last significant hurdles to a stable machine. Lets keep working towards it. Lu Wi, could you take a look at this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...-269-patch-applehda-may-work-idea-others.html
and: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/64008-guide-applehda-patching.html
That's how we need to get sound working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back