- igpu support of intel hd 620
- sleep, wake, restart
- brightness
- touchpad
- ethernet
- usb ports

wip:
- battery indicator, wifi, bluetooth, sound, webcam

initial tests of several 32-bit applications work very smoothly (one of the main aims)

Is this a worthwhile effort?

Attachments

• photo_2022-09-08 20.05.03.jpeg
    photo_2022-09-08 20.05.03.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 105
managed to install and boot up Mojave 10.14.6 on this laptop
- i5-10210u
- 16gb ddr4
- WD sn SSD
- intel wifi card (built-in soldered)

so far the following works:
- igpu support of intel hd 620
- sleep, wake, restart
- brightness
- touchpad
- ethernet
- usb ports

wip:
- battery indicator, wifi, bluetooth, sound, webcam

initial tests of several 32-bit applications work very smoothly (one of the main aims)

Is this a worthwhile effort?
nice work!

hi @Feartech , thanks. just a modest achievement (tho time-consuming) :)
inspired by all the wonderful & helpful moderators on this board. Just wanted to achieve this as a challenge, because lots of folks had told me it's "impossible".
my first couple of builds used Mojave and i personally like it, especially having a few 32-bit apps.

I hope to hear comments from others, whether this is a worthwhile exercise, to get all the other parts working (especially audio, webcam and wifi)

hi @Feartech , thanks. just a modest achievement (tho time-consuming) :)
inspired by all the wonderful & helpful moderators on this board. Just wanted to achieve this as a challenge, because lots of folks had told me it's "impossible".
my first couple of builds used Mojave and i personally like it, especially having a few 32-bit apps.

I hope to hear comments from others, whether this is a worthwhile exercise, to get all the other parts working (especially audio, webcam and wifi)
zip and upload your EFI

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.302852/post-2165534 :) :)

@centraljava

Good job!

For the rest you'll need:
SMCBatteryManager.kext (for battery)
VoodooI2C (for trackpad)
VoodooI2CElan
VoodooInput
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
SSDT-GPIO.aml (for trackpad)
alcid=15 (for Conexant CX8070 soundcard)
IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
IntelBluetoothInjector.kext
For webcam - use Corpnewt's USBMap to enable your internal USB ports

@centraljava

Would you happen to still have your efi folder so I can build off of it and archive it for those who wanna use Mojave? As of today no other efi folder exsists that will allow Mojave install on the t490.

Last edited:
hi @Mrbubzie
am afraid my laptop is foobar; lots of digging required
what happened was i installed Ubuntu on a third partition, and it wiped out even my good Monterey EFI
the Mojave partition is still there, but not sure where i put the last good copy of its efi

btw, if you look around there are a few others who did this; i know i wasn't the only one

Well if you’re able to find it let me know I’d like to archive and build off it on GitHub. Trying to add comparability for Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura under one package where one can select the os version from an installer and automate everything for the t490, t480, t470, t440 and t450. I have Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura but lots of problems with Mojave. I’ve only recently added it to a nightly build I made but without acceleration and broken sleep

what’s yr Github?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back