Contribute
Register

Lenovo Thinkpad T430s, working on it, help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jamaicada

first thank you for posting everything you have on the T430s project you have been a massive help. :clap:
the only thing i am having an issue with is Bluetooth. :crazy:

you said in one of your posts that you got bluetooth working by editing IOBluetoothFamily.kext.

i realise this is a long shot as the post was back in 2011 but do you remember what you edited the kext with?

also if you have any info on if it is possible to get the trackpad to accept 3 & 4 finger gestures

any help you can provide would be a massive help :)

cheers
:thumbup:

I also would need this patch to make work bluetooth. Anyone knows how to patch IOBluetoothFamily.kext to achieve this?

I suppose it would be enough to adding device definition to
/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/Info.plist list

Great work! I followed your guild and it works almost perfectly on my T430s.
Thank you so much.

Just two little things:
1) My model has a thunderbolt interface, does anyone know how to get this work correctly? It doesn't show in the system report or work when I try to connect a external monitor.
2) Bluetooth can't work with thinkpad bluetooth mouse. Are you guys all using apple magic mouse?

Thanks for this awesome thread guys, just got a T430s, I'm gonna try this! :)

Progress - working bluetooth Broadcom 0a5c:21e6 by editinig IOBluetoothFamily.kext.

Hello, thanks for your help on this. When you said edit the IOBluetoothFamily.kext, which file are you editing? I assume you need to put these values in the IOPCIMatch section?

Great work! I followed your guild and it works almost perfectly on my T430s.
Thank you so much.

Just two little things:
1) My model has a thunderbolt interface, does anyone know how to get this work correctly? It doesn't show in the system report or work when I try to connect a external monitor.
2) Bluetooth can't work with thinkpad bluetooth mouse. Are you guys all using apple magic mouse?

did you get bluetooth working? if so, can you explain how you did this? thanks1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back