Contribute
Register

Lenovo Thinkpad P53 stuck at endrandomseed on installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jc123,

Did you try @professoramx's slightly modified version of this P52 Config :-

Although created for a Thinkpad P52 it sounds that @professoramx was

Yea I found that guys P52 configs a while back before I posted and tried all of them with small edits to the memory portions. I think the reason the config works for @professoramx is because he’s got an i7 and not the Xeon coffee lake refresh. The previously mentioned p52 config (E-2176m version) also gets me to second phase install then crashes sadly. Is there any way for me to find out what’s causing the crash without finishing the install?

@jc123,

Did you try @professoramx's slightly modified version of this P52 Config :-

Although created for a Thinkpad P52 it sounds that @professoramx was able to use it to boot MacOS on his Thinkpad P53 which he details in his post (including a direct EFI download link) :-

From what i read he has most things working.

Cheers
Jay
There’s got to be a way to get the verbose logs from the drive without booting into Mac OS right?

I think the reason the config works for @professoramx is because he’s got an i7 and not the Xeon coffee lake refresh.

@jc123,

Understood, that makes sense ...

There’s got to be a way to get the verbose logs from the drive without booting into Mac OS right?

Unfortunately the verbose boot option only works for the first phase of the MacOS boot process, the second phase will be logged in the kernel console log, but unfortunately we need to get into MacOS in order to view it, as far as i know there is no way to view the second phase of the boot process verbosely.

Not sure what else to suggest at this point, it's quite possible that the system is crashing when the IGPU driver is trying to initialise or it could be down the CPU.

I just did a quick search of the TMx86 and Insanely Mac forums and can find no mention of any one attempting to use a E-2276M CPU other than your own posts.

Have you tried booting into single user mode ?, if that works then it would suggest that the issue is IGPU related, if it does not work then it more likely to be CPU related.

if you can boot into single user mode then you should be able to mount the drive and dump the kernel console log.

Thats about all i can think of to do right now.

Cheers
Jay

@jc123,

Understood, that makes sense ...

Unfortunately the verbose boot option only works for the first phase of the MacOS boot process, the second phase will be logged in the kernel console log, but unfortunately we need to get into MacOS in order to view it, as far as i know there is no way to view the second phase of the boot process verbosely.

Not sure what else to suggest at this point, it's quite possible that the system is crashing when the IGPU driver is trying to initialise or it could be down the CPU.

I just did a quick search of the TMx86 and Insanely Mac forums and can find no mention of any one attempting to use a E-2276M CPU other than your own posts.

Have you tried booting into single user mode ?, if that works then it would suggest that the issue is IGPU related, if it does not work then it more likely to be CPU related.

if you can boot into single user mode then you should be able to mount the drive and dump the kernel console log.

Thats about all i can think of to do right now.

Cheers
Jay

Could you explain further on how to boot into single user mode or link me some single user boot mode info?

Could you explain further on how to boot into single user mode or link me some single user boot mode info?

@jc123,

Sorry my bad, brain fade ... for some reason i thought you had managed to install MacOS but not able to boot it, but having just re-read your last few posts i see that its crashing in the installer, so "Single User Mode" wont work for you.

But just for future reference the process is pretty much the same as booting MacOS in Verbose mode ...
In Clover press the space bar and check "Single User Mode" then select "Boot MacOs with selected options"

It should boot straight in to a command line/terminal prompt (no Graphical UI), and you'll be prompted with the commands to enter to mount your MacOS volume.

Sorry for getting your hopes up ... I really dont know what else to suggest.

Cheers
Jay

Sorry I passed out last night I had been up for like 36 hours. I updated all my kexts and I've reached another stopping point that reads - IOConsoleUsers: GIOScreenLockState, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0. After a while it reboots. Image and clover folder attached.

+1 . jc123, I have a ZBook G5 Studio also with a E-2176M and UHD P630. Managed to get Mojave installed and then launced the Catalina installer within it and upgraded. This was all done without the P630 active.

Now trying to get the P630 activated I too face the same halting message as you.

Only headway was to use the following config.plist snippet with a SMBIOS set to iMac18,1. Verbose messages show the iGPU activates, see a internal LCD shudder before macOS launches and displays on my external GPU attached LCD. Then can inspect the "now" UHD 630 device which shows no LCD detected.

Code:
<key>FakeID</key>
        <dict>
            <key>#IntelGFX</key>
            <string>0x3e9b8086</string>
            <key>#Kaby Lake-Comment</key>
            <string>To avoid automatic Clover fake device-id (Skylake) injection</string>
            <key>IntelGFX</key>
            <string>0x03E9B8086</string>
        </dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>BwCbPg==</data>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,2,0</string>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>mz4AAA==</data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>VGA compatible controller</string>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
                <data>AAAwAQ==</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>

Wondering what is it going to take to get the UHD P630 driving the internal LCD? Hackintool isn't showing any useful connector info because of course, no LCD is being detected as attached to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back