Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad e580
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey there, I've installed macOs Mojave using UniBeast and it's booting when I start it using my USB, but when I try to boot it without USB, I see the Clover menu but when it comes to the finish of booting (progress bar below the apple logo is almost at 100%) it's simply rebooting.
I've installed some kexts using Multibeast including Clover - it didn't help, then I've installed Clover by itself - nothing has changed.
What could be the source of the issue?
Here are some screenshots I could capture.

Attachments

• macos01.png
    macos01.png
    912.8 KB · Views: 90
  • macos02.png
    macos02.png
    898.7 KB · Views: 99
  • macos03.png
    macos03.png
    851.3 KB · Views: 94
  • macos04.png
    macos04.png
    313.7 KB · Views: 100
Hey there, I've installed macOs Mojave using UniBeast and it's booting when I start it using my USB, but when I try to boot it without USB, I see the Clover menu but when it comes to the finish of booting (progress bar below the apple logo is almost at 100%) it's simply rebooting.
I've installed some kexts using Multibeast including Clover - it didn't help, then I've installed Clover by itself - nothing has changed.
What could be the source of the issue?
Here are some screenshots I could capture.
Read up on the FAQ first:

Link to laptop guide:

Since Multibeast uses Clover to boot the system I thought that all I need to fix my issue is to copy clover files from the USB to the SSD, but I didn't know, how to do it.
A nice guy helped me, all I had to do is to copy EFI folder from the USB to my installed system.

Here are commands I've used:

sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI
// it creates a folder EFI in directory Volumes
sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/EFI
// it mounds EFI folder from the USB to the created folder, disk1s1 is the partition of the EFI on the USB, to figure it out please use `diskutil list`
// then I've copied mounted EFI folder to my Desktop
sudo umount -f /Volumes/EFI
// it unmounts the mounted EFI partition
sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI
// now it moutns EFI partition of the SSD, where the system was installed
// and then I just replaced EFI from the SSD with EFI from the USB

After that system started to boot without any problems.
If I understand right - now I should play with kexts and patches to make everything else work and after that my system will be done.

Since Multibeast uses Clover to boot the system I thought that all I need to fix my issue is to copy clover files from the USB to the SSD, but I didn't know, how to do it.
A nice guy helped me, all I had to do is to copy EFI folder from the USB to my installed system.

Here are commands I've used:

sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI
// it creates a folder EFI in directory Volumes
sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/EFI
// it mounds EFI folder from the USB to the created folder, disk1s1 is the partition of the EFI on the USB, to figure it out please use `diskutil list`
// then I've copied mounted EFI folder to my Desktop
sudo umount -f /Volumes/EFI
// it unmounts the mounted EFI partition
sudo mount_msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI
// now it moutns EFI partition of the SSD, where the system was installed
// and then I just replaced EFI from the SSD with EFI from the USB

After that system started to boot without any problems.
If I understand right - now I should play with kexts and patches to make everything else work and after that my system will be done.
or you could have installed clover (download from sourceforge) install, then delete the efi folder and replace with your working one :)

or you could have installed clover (download from sourceforge) install, then delete the efi folder and replace with your working one :)
I had installed Clover before, I used Multibiest to install it, and then I used Clover downloaded from sourceforge, and nothing helped. Dunno what's so different between Clover on SSD and Clover on USB. I'll have to look into its folders and files, maybe it has some hidden magic inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back