Contribute
Register

Lenovo Thinkpad E570 - Post Installation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
in general i did what rehabman wrote in his last post. the key to success is reading, reading, reading, failing, again reading, reading, reading and finally suceed :)

it´s not that hard. in my case i left the nvme ssd with windows on it alone and installed on a seperate disk. you can get it to work close to perfect, except the wifi problem, which i solved with a tiny wifi usb stick. its by far not the best solution, but with all this whitelist stuff from lenovo it seems to be the only chance to get wifi working.

i may post a guide for this laptop when i find the time, but dont expect it too soonish ;)

good luck!
Hi, guy,
my laptop is thinkpad e570 also, did this problem is normal or not, it is because of software or hardware?
thanks

Not really sure what your Question is?!

If you talk about the Wifi, then the Whitelist is buried deep into the BIOS System which would needed to be modified. There are Pages out there, giving you this Service but letting a stranger (potentially) brick my BIOS is definitely no option for me.

Hi, guy,
my laptop is thinkpad e570 also, did this problem is normal or not, it is because of software or hardware?
thanks

Not really sure what your Question is?!

If you talk about the Wifi, then the Whitelist is buried deep into the BIOS System which would needed to be modified. There are Pages out there, giving you this Service but letting a stranger (potentially) brick my BIOS is definitely no option for me.

I'm ordering a "Lenovo branded" BCM94352DZ to see if it'll work even though it's not technically in the 'whitelist' from Lenovo. It's also called an "FRU Listing," which is not always available for all Lenovo laptops.

I get the sense you're also asking if Lenovo hardware is suitable for Hackintosh -- which in my experience I would say yes. Most of the hardware can be configured to work really smoothly (from brightness keys, iGPU acceleration, to iMessage) and Mac OS seems to have better memory management than Windows 10.

Will keep you posted. Saw that FRU listing too and really crossing my fingers (actually have an Intel 8265 currently in my system at the moment). Inspired by this thread over at the hackintosh ******:

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/9zk43b/success_lenovo_ideapad_330s_kaby_laker_8130u/

By the way, does anyone know of how to resolve potential sleep issues? Currently:

- If I send to sleep, it'll black out my screen
- The Lenovo LED on the power button and laptop lid stay on -- not sure if this means anything
- If I press a key within ~5 seconds or so, it'll "wake" again (showing that inverted red-color Apple logo) and my screen resumes. I'm not logged out though, so not sure what's going on there as I assume "Sleep" usually logs you out as well
- If I wait longer (15 seconds+), the screen will just stay black. I'm not sure if the system is actually 'on' or it's still in 'sleep'

I'm guessing it could be that sleep is broken and related to power states/messed up DSDT? I patched SSDT/DSDT using the guide and patched for Lenovo T440P from RehabMan's repository already.
My other guess is that it's something to do with graphics initialization.

Any ideas on how to diagnose and resolve? Thanks

Last edited:
sounds like a normal sleep mode to me?! what´s bothering you?

For example, if I put my computer to sleep and press a key (to turn it back on) 5 seconds after, it'll resume operation as normal.

However, if I put my computer to sleep and leave for 5 minutes and come back -- the screen stays black. I'll be pressing keys and buttons over and over and nothing works.

So, in other words, I can't tell if the computer is stuck sleeping or if it's wide awake and completely refusing to open its eyes. Either way, I can't really use it when the screen is completely black!

do you hit your power button as well?

Just tried - didn't work. However, I think the power is on and it's attempting to wake. About 30-45 seconds after pressing keys, I see the backlight come on and eventually my cursor. However, the screen stays black but I hear the fan spinning (so it's not idle; it seems like it's trying to do something). I am waiting for 2-3 minutes and it staying on a black screen before giving up and turning off the laptop by holding down power for 10 seconds.

EDIT: Will try EDID solution and report back
EDIT 2: Didn't seem to work (tried a guide for fixing EDID at osx latitude)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back