i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello guys!

i managed to install sierra on my E570 but i got stuck with some post installments.

huge problem #1 solved:
i cant get my audio to work.
my laptop has the Conexant CX20753/4 card installed.

--> fixed the problem with the AppleHDAPatcher from Mirone and Micky
(google for it. im not sure if its ok to post links from other boards)
they did an app which makes a super job, especially when you dont exactly know what youre doing (like me)

problem #2 solved :
i dont get my trackpad to work

i did the XCPM technique for native power management, installed acpibatterymanager and a patch for working battery status (patch for lenovo t440p works fine for e570). after rebooting the system, the trackpad is working as intended and can be configured like normal through the prefpan.

i dont understand why but it is somehow working now.

possible huge problem #2:
no compatible wifi
this lap has the qualcom atheros QCA9377 wifi/bt card installed. i was looking for some working cards, but then i read about that not only lenovo has a whitelist but also the tpm protection which makes it very hard to modify the bios.
i would really appreciate if someone can prove me wrong about this ;)
//edit:
question is: is there a whitelist outthere to find out which possible cards could be working?

i will add the dump file from ubuntu for the conexant, hoping someone is able to help me. if u guys need any other additional files or infos, please let me know.

thanks in advance - each and everyone here is a hero!

//edit 21.12.17:
uploaded problem reporting files, using the script from blackdragon

Attachments

• codec_dump.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 320
  • debug_14630.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
hello guys!

i managed to install sierra on my E570 but i got stuck with some post installments.

huge problem #1:
i cant get my audio to work.
my laptop has the Conexant CX20753/4 card installed.
i already tried every single kext provided in this thread without any luck:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-patch-problem-for-conexant-cx20753-4-14f1-5111.191289/
the persons involved in this thread managed to get at least a few things to work, e.g. speakers and headphones working but microphone not. personally i never came into that stage. syspref says there´s no device found.
huge problem #2:
Battery Status isnt working. according to the battery logo, there is no battery available but the power source is battery ?!
i tried the acpiBatteryManager.kext from Rehabman (thx for everything u do for the community btw!) but with no result.

possible huge problem #3:
no compatible wifi
this lap has the qualcom atheros QCA9377 wifi/bt card installed. i was looking for some working cards, but then i read about that not only lenovo has a whitelist but also the tpm protection which makes it very hard to modify the bios.
i would really appreciate if someone can prove me wrong about this ;)

i will add the dump file from ubuntu for the conexant, hoping is able to help me. if u guys need any other additional files or infos, please let me know.

thanks in advance - each and everyone here is a hero!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

until now i was pretty sure that i read this thread carefully - what am i missing?

WiFi/Audio/battery status all covered in the FAQ.
And "Problem Reporting" requirements (should you need help) are also in the FAQ.

i already read an tried hard to find a solution on my own, reading the faq and other threads but i didn´t come one step closer.

in the meantime, i had make a fresh install of sierra.
and now i dont get my trackpad to work - which worked before after installing the voodo-kext to s/l/e/.
the trackpad is working like a mouse, but no two finger actions etc are recognized. furthermore, in the pref pane it says "no trackpad found".

it worked normal on the installation of sierra (e.g. one finger click) but inside the system, it behaves like described above.
i attached ioreg, patchmatic and the zipped version of clover here and in post #1

thx in advance for your help.

//edit:
uploaded the files requested, using the script from blackdragon (thanks!)

Attachments

• debug_14630.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
i already read an tried hard to find a solution on my own, reading the faq and other threads but i didn´t come one step closer.

in the meantime, i had make a fresh install of sierra.
and now i dont get my trackpad to work - which worked before after installing the voodo-kext to s/l/e/.
the trackpad is working like a mouse, but no two finger actions etc are recognized. furthermore, in the pref pane it says "no trackpad found".

it worked normal on the installation of sierra (e.g. one finger click) but inside the system, it behaves like described above.
i attached ioreg, patchmatic and the zipped version of clover here and in post #1

thx in advance for your help.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

im really starting to feel stupid. dont know what exactly i missed but anyways, here is the zip from the problem reporting script from blackdragon. i did press f2 and f4 at the clover boot screen and i really really hope everything you need is there.

i really dont want to steal anybodys time. thanks for your patience.

regards from vienna.

//edit:
in the meantime i did the XCPM technique for native power management, installed acpibatterymanager and a patch for working battery status (patch for lenovo t440p works fine for e570). after rebooting the system, the trackpad is working as intended and can be configured like normal through the prefpan.

whatever did the job - it did it well. so problem trackpad - also solved.

Attachments

• debug_14630.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
in the meantime i did the XCPM technique for native power management,

It was already done in your previous files, as config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true is default in the guide plists.

installed acpibatterymanager and a patch for working battery status (patch for lenovo t440p works fine for e570).

This is what fixed your trackpad.

Sorry for reviving an old post, but any chance you could provide instructions on how you got a successful install on the E570 in the first place?

I tried this guide here;
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

and changed BIOS to proper settings (or so I think) but when I try to boot from the USB, it just takes me back to the boot list. Basically, nothing happens and I'm not sure why. Relatively newb to this as my relevant experience mainly involves dual-booting Linux and running Mac OS in VMWare.

Sorry for reviving an old post, but any chance you could provide instructions on how you got a successful install on the E570 in the first place?

I tried this guide here;
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

and changed BIOS to proper settings (or so I think) but when I try to boot from the USB, it just takes me back to the boot list. Basically, nothing happens and I'm not sure why. Relatively newb to this as my relevant experience mainly involves dual-booting Linux and running Mac OS in VMWare.
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back