Contribute
Register

Lenovo ThinkCentre M82 El Capitan 10.11.6 Fresh Instal (Model 3306g3u)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC5i3RYH
CPU
i3-5010U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to get El Capitan running on a Lenovo ThinkCentre M82 that was given to me. I have seen someone on ****** claim they had success installing OS X, but they didn't say which operating system. El Capitan is the newest version that I have access to since my Macbook is pretty old.

I have successfully installed Unibeast and El Capitan onto my USB key. When I boot into the OS X install partition I get the Apple Logo and a loading bar. Once It have reached somewhere between 25-30% I get this error:

panic (cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80247ce6fa): Kernal trap at 0xffffff7fa960466f, type 13=general protection, registers:
(the rest should be in the screen shot, but I can type it out if necessary)

I have tried searching the forums, but being a newbie it's really easy to get lost! If there are specific threads I should read please direct me there!

Attachments

• Hackintosh Kernel Error.JPG
    Hackintosh Kernel Error.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 345
@AlexanderDefensor, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

I was able to get it working on an m58p a while back. Had a cheap quadro gfx card, junk but it worked. Had to use an audio & WiFi dongle tho. Audio stopped working after one of the updates. Is there a way to see an existing systems boot settings? I'm checking for similarities now.
Edit typo in model #

Last edited:
I was able to get it working on an m58p a while back. Had a cheap quadro gfx card, junk but it worked. Had to use an audio & WiFi dongle tho. Audio stopped working after one of the updates. Is there a way to see an existing systems boot settings? I'm checking for similarities now.
Edit typo in model #
I'll see what I can grab tomorrow for BIOS settings.

What typo do you see in the model number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back