Contribute
Register

Lenovo ThinkCentre Edge71 and Sierra - possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Centris
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. LC
  6. Lisa
  7. Performa
  8. Plus
  9. Power Mac
  10. PowerBook
  11. Quadra
  12. SE
  13. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi I wonder if this is possible since I made the Sierra install USB stick from the guide but the PC will not boot "no operating system". I made a UEFI boot from the latest Unibeast (Sierra). Excuse a newbie question but how can a PC boot from a MacOSX Extended partition? Anyone know if Sierra is possible or if anything older is better?

Here are specs on ThinkCentre Edge71:
- Intel H61 Chipset
- Intel Pentium G850
- Intel HD Graphics 2000

Hi I wonder if this is possible since I made the Sierra install USB stick from the guide but the PC will not boot "no operating system". I made a UEFI boot from the latest Unibeast (Sierra). Excuse a newbie question but how can a PC boot from a MacOSX Extended partition? Anyone know if Sierra is possible or if anything older is better?

- Intel H61 Chipset
- Intel Pentium G850
- Intel HD Graphics 2000

Your computer's graphics is not supported in MacOS, not to say that the motherboard is custom made which increases the difficulty of trying to install and run MacOS.

If you insist on trying, you first need to install a supported graphics card into your computer. Does the computer accept expansion cards like graphics cards?

Thanks for the fast reply! Yes I should have done some more reading in the forums where I read the HD Graphics 2000 is not supported. It all explains my problems. And yes the PC has 3 low profile slots. Think I will try to build from scratch then from the suggested setups in the buyers guide. Cheap PCs are cheap for a reason I guess. So much crappy hardware.

Think I will try to build from scratch then from the suggested setups in the buyers guide. Cheap PCs are cheap for a reason I guess. So much crappy hardware.

This I can agree with. Good luck on your new build.

- Intel H61 Chipset
- Intel Pentium G850
- Intel HD Graphics 2000

Intel Pentium G850 is not natively supported and requires a Fake CPU ID. Cant really go along with just Intel H61 Chipset. You will need to look at the hardware more can be achieved by booting into Linux and running lspci.

you must use legacy boot option in unibeast forum this model.I have the 72e model and i made the boot with this option,but i have problem to install bootloader with multibeast in hdd and i can't use this PC(for now).I have a Pentium g630 and i use a fakepcid in config.plist modded via cover,you can try and say us what you will see.

Good Luck!

you must use legacy boot option in unibeast forum this model.I have the 72e model and i made the boot with this option,but i have problem to install bootloader with multibeast in hdd and i can't use this PC(for now).I have a Pentium g630 and i use a fakepcid in config.plist modded via cover,you can try and say us what you will see.

Good Luck!

Did you got it working? my e72 got past the clover boot screen but went blank after the install High Sierra option that i selected in clover boot screen.

Did you got it working? my e72 got past the clover boot screen but went blank after the install High Sierra option that i selected in clover boot screen.
I Have M72E and i installed Sierra using Legacy Boot Mode,when you run the bootloader and you must erase your Hard Disk you MUST use MBR partition Table(Only if you are installing via Legacy Boot Mode).When the install was finished,open Multibeast and Install ONLY the bootloader (I try to install Bootloader and Kext at the same time but i got Error from Multibeast).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back