i3-6100T
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, forum mates

are there any ThinkCentre E73 users here that tried installing mac os?

Particularly, I am looking for an already made DSDT/ SSDT (i3 4130) for the Lenovo mobo.

Cheers

I already have macOs High Sierra on E73 core i5 , it was very easy to install the system , with UniBeast USB , I use external bluetooth external usb , and it work very nice.

I've successfully installed macOS Sierra on a Lenovo ThinkCentre E73 SFF in Legacy mode, and it works great :thumbup:

Installation with UniBeast v7.1.1 was straightforward and it correctly recognised my dual-display Nvidia GeForce GT640 video card.

Enabling the hard disk boot with Clover v2.4k_r4045 (without having to boot from the USB stick first) was very difficult and took two months to resolve. Apparently, the v1.43 BIOS that my Lenovo shipped with didn't work and had to be updated to v1.46 minimum. . . Yes, it took me two months to work this out! I only realised after I swapped the hard drive in an identical Lenovo E73 SFF with a later BIOS, expecting a similar boot error but no, it booted up immediately! TWO MONTHS! :banghead:

Audio was similarly tricky, but was eventually resolved. None of the audio drivers supplied with MultiBeast worked with the onboard Realtek ALC662 driver, and I wasn't keen on using an external USB audio card so after much research and failed attempts with installing various AppleHDA and AppleALC kexts, I used AppleHDA Patcher v1.8 to create the necessary aDummyHDA.kext with required config.plist file, and I used Kext Utility to apply the kext.

It's all working now and I am absolutely delighted :clap:

The computer seems far happier running macOS Sierra than it ever did running Windows 7, 8 or 10!

I already have macOs High Sierra on E73 core i5 , it was very easy to install the system , with UniBeast USB , I use external bluetooth external usb , and it work very nice.
can you please post your efi folder and the kext that are you using

Same. I have a ThinkCentre E73, but I'm having issues booting to the HDD. I've updated to the newest BIOS for Lenovo.

I set Multibeast for UEFI boot, so I'll give Legacy a shot.

Can you post your BIOS settings?

I've had good results installing High Sierra and most recently Mojave on a Lenovo E73.

However, I could only get this to work by configuring these specific BIOS settings:

Security -> Secure Boot = Disabled
Startup -> CSM = Enabled
Startup -> Boot Mode = Auto
Startup -> Boot Priority = try UEFI first. If the USB installer doesn't boot successfully, try Legacy first.

The reason for the above settings is that even if you create the Mojave USB installer with UniBeast 9.2.0 in Legacy Boot Mode or in UEFI Boot Mode, the Lenovo E73 will only successfully boot the Mojave USB installer as UEFI, and the computer will only boot Mojave from the hard disk in Legacy mode.

Any attempt to deivate from this, such as booting Mojave USB installer as Legacy, or setting the hard disk to boot as UEFI, would cause a boot failure.

Therefore you must set Boot Mode and Boot Priority as above before installing, to allow both UEFI and Legacy boot modes during the installation process.

From what I've read elsewhere, this could be a problem with Lenovo's UEFI implementation method, although the computer successfully boots Windows 8 in UEFI mode without complaint . .

After installation, you can change Boot Mode and Boot Priority to Legacy only.

Successfully installed Catalina on a Lenovo ThinkCenter E73 Mini Tower, i3-4150 model, which has the latest 2019 BIOS from Lenovo. Attached is the config.plist used (remember to regenerate the SMBIOS, System Parameters and Rt Variables in Clover Configurator)

Using these .kext files in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/

AirportBrcmFixup.kext
CPUFriend.kext
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
SMCProcessor.kext
SMCSuperIO.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

If there is a hard disk boot no disk found "error 1962" after installing clover it's because the non-UEFI bootloader needs to be installed, as the UEFI has some issues on this model, even with the latest BIOS update.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 494
I have a Lenovo E73 and having problems with the "error 1962" on boot. What is the non-UEFI bootloader and how do I get it?

I have a Lenovo E73 and having problems with the "error 1962" on boot. What is the non-UEFI bootloader and how do I get it?

Make sure your BIOS is completely up-to-date, get it off the Lenovo website, and set your BIOS settings to boot UEFI first. You can install the Clover with UEFI or old-style DOS bootloader, or even both when you run the Clover Installer which is a download here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back