Contribute
Register

Lenovo T560 Post Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you mean SSDT.aml, not patched/DSDT.
But your problem reporting files show both present.
CPU PM requires only SSDT-PluginType1.aml or config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true as per CPU PM guide linked from the FAQ. You already have Generate/PluginType=true and a Clover new enough to support it. No need for SSDT.aml (generated from ssdtPRgen.sh) or SSDT-PluginType1.aml.

I removed it after without re-uploading, my bad!
Good to know, didn't noticed that.

FYI: Your config.plist is a mess. It seems to have AppleHDA Info.plist content mixed in. Why did you do that?
Well I did try once to patch my AppleHDA.kext, but I don't see any reason why everything is mixed...
Any tips for cleaning the mess? Should I re configure a new "clean" config?

EDIT: I have my answer, I'll use the config following the backlight guide

Your ioreg shows brightness is not implemented correctly.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/
Oh, with what indicator in my ioreg could you know that?
I will follow this guide, thanks!

Last edited:
Only one problem left! It seems that my nvram isn't used by the computer, therefor my brightness settings aren't saved when I reboot.. But doing a sudo nvram Test=Hello, I could get the variable after a reboot with nvram -p

Here are my clean report files, brightness should be good

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
  • IOReg.zip
    471.6 KB · Views: 69
  • RehabMan.zip
    45.1 KB · Views: 55
  • TerminalOutput.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 64
Only one problem left! It seems that my nvram isn't used by the computer, therefor my brightness settings aren't saved when I reboot.. But doing a sudo nvram Test=Hello, I could get the variable after a reboot with nvram -p

Here are my clean report files, brightness should be good

Read post #1 regarding other things you need to do regarding brightness restore across reboots.

Read post #1 regarding other things you need to do regarding brightness restore across reboots.
Well I did as it is written in the guide
I have EmuVariableUEFI in EFI, I also have RC script and the brightness isn't set by clover's config

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
  • IOReg.zip
    471.6 KB · Views: 61
  • TerminalOutput.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 62
  • RehabMan.zip
    45.1 KB · Views: 65
Well I did as it is written in the guide
I have EmuVariableUEFI in EFI, I also have RC script and the brightness isn't set by clover's config

No Fake ALS here. Read post #1.

No Fake ALS here. Read post #1.
Well... Sorry for not seeing this the first time, my problem is indeed solved!

I have a last (I hope so) issue:
My battery is sometime not working properly when I boot (reboot and cold boot). What I mean by not working correctly is not having any information on the battery in the activity monitor but only the realtime energy impact graph. When this happen, the battery percentage isn't refreshing itself, but only when I show/unshow the percentage

Maybe this problem is due to the fact that I have two batteries in the IOReg and the wrong one is used (if this is even possible)? I actually know that my laptop can have an additional battery.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
  • IOReg.zip
    553.9 KB · Views: 70
  • RehabMan.zip
    45.1 KB · Views: 64
  • TerminalOutput.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 67
Well... Sorry for not seeing this the first time, my problem is indeed solved!

I have a last (I hope so) issue:
My battery is sometime not working properly when I boot (reboot and cold boot). What I mean by not working correctly is not having any information on the battery in the activity monitor but only the realtime energy impact graph. When this happen, the battery percentage isn't refreshing itself, but only when I show/unshow the percentage

Maybe this problem is due to the fact that I have two batteries in the IOReg and the wrong one is used (if this is even possible)? I actually know that my laptop can have an additional battery.

With dual battery, you must use SSDT-BATC to combine them into one power source.
Refer to SSDT-BATC.dsl in the ACPIBatteryManager github.
Read the comments carefully and customize appropriately.

Okay, so I need to create an clover hot patch (...ACPI/patches) to change all the BAT0 and BAT1 values but I don't understand how you get those hex values in
Code:
For example, Notify(BAT0, 0x80) is
// 86 42 41 54 30 0A 80
// To change it to Notify(BATC, 0x80):
// 86 42 41 54 30 0A 80
Or in
Code:
// Such as, Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.BAT1, 0x01)
// 86 5C 2F 05 5F 53 42 5F 50 43 49 30 4C 50 43 5F 45 43 5F 5F 42 41 54 30 0A 01
// Changing to BATC:
// 86 5C 2F 05 5F 53 42 5F 50 43 49 30 4C 50 43 5F 45 43 5F 5F 42 41 54 43 0A 01
I totally get the necessity of a patch, but I don't really know how to do it

Okay, so I need to create an clover hot patch (...ACPI/patches) to change all the BAT0 and BAT1 values but I don't understand how you get those hex values in
Code:
For example, Notify(BAT0, 0x80) is
// 86 42 41 54 30 0A 80
// To change it to Notify(BATC, 0x80):
// 86 42 41 54 30 0A 80
Or in
Code:
// Such as, Notify (\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.BAT1, 0x01)
// 86 5C 2F 05 5F 53 42 5F 50 43 49 30 4C 50 43 5F 45 43 5F 5F 42 41 54 30 0A 01
// Changing to BATC:
// 86 5C 2F 05 5F 53 42 5F 50 43 49 30 4C 50 43 5F 45 43 5F 5F 42 41 54 43 0A 01
I totally get the necessity of a patch, but I don't really know how to do it

Read hotpatch guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-using-clover-to-hotpatch-acpi.200137/

Or you can make the changes with static patch (since you are likely already patching DSDT.aml by including patched DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back