Contribute
Register

Lenovo T540p UniBeast Install Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which bootloader are you using? For your machine, you should use Clover.

Yep, using Clover and it seems to be reliable so far.

What is the issue?

Reliable in terms of Clover booting. Unfortunately, I still cannot get OS X Yosemite to load. Any recommendations on certain flags to use? Thanks.

Reliable in terms of Clover booting. Unfortunately, I still cannot get OS X Yosemite to load. Any recommendations on certain flags to use? Thanks.

What is the issue? Boot verbose and show quality photo of entire screen.

What is the issue? Boot verbose and show quality photo of entire screen.

Screenshot from 2015-02-04 14:56:45.jpg

Lenovo T540p Graphics

Hi,

I have a Lenovo T540p as well, but with a nVidia GT 730M in addition to the HD4600.
I'm following ReHabs guide with Clover-Boot, but I can only get the laptop booting with Inject Intel false && Inject Nvidia true.
Problem: Graphics are really ****ty (artefacts, slow, often the menu won't be showed....).
I tried adding the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext from the other thread to my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other Folder - unfortunately same result.

Any idea, how I can get my Graphics to work properly?

"normal" AppleIntelE1000e.kext enabled Ethernet.
Audio, WiFi (I don't really know which WiFi card I have built-in), Battery management, Brightness controll not working....much work to do :( - but without a solution for the graphics problem it's not really reasonable to work on the rest.
Trackpad sometimes stops working as well.

CPU: i7-4700MQ, 16 GB RAM

Any help / idea?

Hi,

I have a Lenovo T540p as well, but with a nVidia GT 730M in addition to the HD4600.
I'm following ReHabs guide with Clover-Boot, but I can only get the laptop booting with Inject Intel false && Inject Nvidia true.
Problem: Graphics are really ****ty (artefacts, slow, often the menu won't be showed....).
I tried adding the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext from the other thread to my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other Folder - unfortunately same result.

Any idea, how I can get my Graphics to work properly?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...tel-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

Make sure your config.plist is correct. See guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

"normal" AppleIntelE1000e.kext enabled Ethernet.
Audio, WiFi (I don't really know which WiFi card I have built-in), Battery management, Brightness controll not working....much work to do :( - but without a solution for the graphics problem it's not really reasonable to work on the rest.
Trackpad sometimes stops working as well.

Stickies here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

As I have already described I tried this. Result: Whether with the FakePCIID kexkts or without - the laptop will only boot if I set up the Graphics section of config.plist to inject only the NVidia card.
Code:
<key>Ati</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<true/>

If I try like in the fix-intel-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite thread
Code:
<key>Ati</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
It won't boot anymore. Verbose boot shows "DSMOS arrived" as last message and then the laptop reboots. It doesn't matter whether the ig-platform-id is 0xa260006, changed or set to 0x0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back