Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So after I've successfully built my first Hackintosh desktop (thanks Tonymac!!), I figured I would give my laptop a shot. I can get everything working, video, keyboard and trackpad, and ethernet on my T510, but I can't get it to sleep or shutdown. When I sleep it, the screen shuts off then comes back on again. When I try to shutdown, the screen goes blank but everything is still on, so I just end up holding down the power button to shut off.
I used EasyBeast to install and am running on 10.6.6. I tried the SleepEnabler.kext, but that didn't help either.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm having the same issue.
I have an i7 T510 and have everything working (even wireless with an atheros AR5B93 wifi card and a hacked BIOS), save for brightness and sleep.

I've tried every combination of Sleepenabler, NullCPUManagement, and VoodoopowerMini imaginable AND every combination of pmset -a hibernatemode to no avail. I can successfully restart without issue, but shutdown keeps the fan on and the wireless connection LED (not the wifi activity one, the other one) on. Sleep gets to the point where the computer turns off, but it immediately turns back on and turns the brightness to 100% for some reason.

It's also interesting to note that the autorestart 0/1 doesn't show up in pmset -g.. I don't know if it's SUPPOSED to not be there or what, but I've set it to 0 anyway just incase.

Maybe related, but there's no option to disable automatic restart on loss of power in any T510 BIOS.

My brightness problem looks like it should be able to be solved with some DSDT magic, but I haven't had the time or patience to fumble through the process yet.

tl;dr: Me too. :(

I too have a lenovo t510.

I have no audio, sleep and shutdown do not work and no wireless.

Please advise what I need to install to get all of this working.

Thanks,

Chris

I too have a lenovo t510.

I have no audio, sleep and shutdown do not work and no wireless.

Please advise what I need to install to get all of this working.

I have audio working through VoodooHDA.
For wireless, I had to buy a new wireless card (Look up AR5B93 on eBay)- Make sure it's a half-size miniPCIe card and not the full size one, then flash the BIOS to accept the card with http://forums.mydigitallife.info/th...-mod-requests.?p=360390&viewfull=1#post360390

Sleep and shutdown are still broken. :(

just wanted to thank fredmcelk, though this recommendation i bought a $6 half pcie wifi card off ebay, and was able to flash my bios to accept it, and now have working wifi on my t510 mackintosh.

Funnily enough, shut down does work on my unit. Sleep seems to just shut the display off but it comes back on. No battery icon, although i've installed voodoo battery.

i'm quite happy with it though. 10.7.2.

I know this an older thread. I'm trying to do a UniBeast install on a T510 right not and am having a considerable hard time getting to the install screen. Have tried using Boot flags -x -v PCIRootUID=0 BusRatio=18 GE=No and it just will not go anywhere. Still waiting for root device is as far as I get. Any suggestions. It is the T510 with the 540M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back