Graphics
UHD 620, 1920 x 1080

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 48
  • Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    942.6 KB · Views: 48
Actually it seems to be a SSD incompatibility according to the github, I think I can resolve this on my own

Update: So I switched to a compatible SSD and it still crashes at the same point during the installation, could someone take a look at my config.plist to see if I set it up properly?

Update: So I switched to a compatible SSD and it still crashes at the same point during the installation, could someone take a look at my config.plist to see if I set it up properly?
try using a config.plist from the laptop guide

SMCHelper-64 should be removed if you are using VirtualSMC

try only putting in essential kexts in clover/kexts/other

acpi/patched should be empty for installation

make sure to use latest version of clover via sourceforge

So I'm kinda confused about the kexts, in the Rehabman guide it says one of the essential kexts is FakeSMC, but the guide I'm following doesn't include it and has VirtualSMC. Do these accomplish the same thing?

So I'm kinda confused about the kexts, in the Rehabman guide it says one of the essential kexts is FakeSMC, but the guide I'm following doesn't include it and has VirtualSMC. Do these accomplish the same thing?
following 2 guides is maybe your issue

Yeah since the repo (https://github.com/linusyang92/macOS-ThinkPad-T480s) I got the EFI files from didn't contain any instructions, I just followed Rehabman on how to create the install media and how to boot, but used all the EFI files from the repo and put them on the install partition instead of following Rehabman's instructions. Is that a valid approach, or is the config file generally post-installation?

Yeah since the repo (https://github.com/linusyang92/macOS-ThinkPad-T480s) I got the EFI files from didn't contain any instructions, I just followed Rehabman on how to create the install media and how to boot, but used all the EFI files from the repo and put them on the install partition instead of following Rehabman's instructions. Is that a valid approach, or is the config file generally post-installation?
You can test that, give it a try, if you still have issues:
On clover Boot Menu Press F2 and F4 and Fn+F2, Fn+F4 and attach clover folder

Could you elaborate a bit on what you mean? Is it supposed to generate a log file or something?

Could you elaborate a bit on what you mean? Is it supposed to generate a log file or something?
Read FAQ - Problem Reporting:
Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?

It is impossible to diagnose a problem without data that shows how your system is configured.

Also, impossible to analyze any data that you might provide without a clear understanding of your hardware. So make sure your profile is filled as per the first question in this FAQ, "Q. Where do I start?".

If you can't boot, a bare minimum is:
  • Boot verbose, attach photo
  • Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen just before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Note: Some laptops swap Fn+Fx for Fx. For those laptops, press Fn+F2 then Fn+F4. If you're not sure, press F2, then F4, then Fn+F2, then Fn+F4. You can also verify by pressing F1 (or Fn+F1) to see which one brings the menu.

If you can boot, but are having some other problem, describe the problem clearly and provide data...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract
Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Attach contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory as ZIP.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*
pmset -g assertions
pmset -g
system_profiler SPSerialATADataType|grep TRIM
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen just before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Note: Some laptops swap Fn+Fx for Fx. For those laptops, press Fn+F2 then Fn+F4. If you're not sure, press F2, then F4, then Fn+F2, then Fn+F4. You can also verify by pressing F1 (or Fn+F1) to see which one brings the menu.

For 10.11 and later, attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Older versions:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Q. Is there a script that will collect all Problem Reporting data automatically?

Yes! (almost)

User @black.dragon74 has created a script (gen_debug.sh) that automates most of the "Problem Reporting" tasks (as described in the previous question).

The part it cannot do is pressing F2 and F4 for you at the main Clover screen.
And of course, it only works for the case you can boot into your system. If you have a problem booting, you must obtain and collect the verbose boot photo manually (and EFI/Clover).

Full details are here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/
Attach these requested files if you want someone to help you.
F2 - Generates Boot.log file
F4 - ACPI Tables

If you cant boot simply attach Clover folder like you did on first post but first press F2 and F4 on Clover Boot Menu to collect ACPI Tables and Bootlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back