Contribute
Register

Lenovo T460s - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan - i really don't know how broad the clickPad button mods I implemented are. Yes I implemented the changes with the T460 in mind. As far as breaking others perhaps. I only have a small number of Lenovo trackpads to test. The kext works on the 5-button T420 TrackPad and the 3-button T460. So I expect this kext to work for the T450, T440 as well as other similar Lenovo models.

@azerty76 - i recently posted my current files on another popular site. I did post some earlier stuff here on August 10 but I know thats not current. and i can post a new bundle if it is helpful

is your T460 working fully on OSX? Meaning do you have full 3d graphics? That is my current challenge. i would love to have a recipe for the T460.

great to have some help. i will update my guide with more details soon. I am traveling today but may have time this evening. On another popular hack site, i maintain a Guide for the T420 - which has been working quite well in all ways since 10.8 - I am on 10.12.1beta now. Anyway, I just posted the beginnings of a Guide for the T460 there.

A T460s user seems to have full 3d gfx. tried his stuff on my box T460 but no go.
Mine is a T460 (not s or p) with LCD touch 1920x1080 with eDP, i5-6300 with Intel HD 520.

So quickly what works:

1) ethernet - IntelMausi kext
2) WiFi/BT - with Dell 1510 (BCM43252Z) - BrcmPatchRAM2 modified for to slow down firmware for USB wake.
3) Audio - ALC293 AppleHDA.kext
4) PS2 - Clickpad/Trackpad + TrackPoint + all 3 buttons - VoodooPS2Controller modified - F key maps
5) USB - custom SSDT + USBInjectAll kext mods. so all external USB3/USB2 ports and internal ports - Camera, BT work.
6) sleep/wake
7) GFX 2D - turn off IntelAccellerator.

have not messed with SD Card.

Has anyone given Sierra a bash yet?

i got my T460 fairly far along the Hack path over the last 2 weeks. i will post my results and the beginning of a guide on another famous hack website soon... but i wanted post what i know and what i can learn from others that have been working on the T460 longer. (about 2-3 weeks on/off for me)

I leveraged 3 sources:
1) Rehabman's work - kexts and methods for HP Probook 4x0 G3 Skylake
2) shmilee's work on T450
3) my work on T420

using Clover and my dsdt is partly patched with some fixes with patchmatic and the rest are SSDT hot patches.

one key is/was using EmuVariable-64.efi..

major things working:
Ethernet
USB3 ports all working
trackpad - VoodooPS2
panel backlight - intelBacklight
battery - has 2 batteries - so combined using BATC method.
audio with VoodooHDA.
sleep/wake - had to create a patch for lid close to initiate sleep (modified method _Q2B)

a few things to go:
1) full gfx not there yet - so not using IntelAcellerators. don't know what the DVMT pre-allocated memory is set to?
2) replace VoodooHDA with AppleHDA.
3) replace wifi/bt card - using USB for now.

is your guide in the other forum for the t460 workable on the t460s?

thank you

Has anyone given Sierra a bash yet?
Tried, but couldn't get QE/CI to work, even though there doesn't seem to be anything different from 10.11 needed, judging from guides for other Skylake laptops...

Decided to drop it (work was piling up while I was messing around with the new laptop :) ), installed 10.11, and thanks to @tluck and @aleixsr , got it running fully in no time.

After using @aleixsr 's new 1.2 package, only issues I have are:

- HD520 does report a failure on boot and there are smaller visual glitches, but acceleration works nicely and metal is working too
- smaller sleep / wake issues I'll have to look into

@tluck and @aleixsr - thank you very much for your work!

I didn't have time to test the battery properly - how is the lifetime for you guys with OS X? On the first run, got ~3.5h of browsing / code editing, which is not that great...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back