Contribute
Register

Lenovo T460s - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks,
I reviewed some posts and I didn't find an easy way to check if PM and QE/CI is working using IO Registry Explorer, can you please help?

QE/CI is already enabled (I already looked at your ioreg).

If you want to see how ioreg looks without QE, boot safe mode and look at your GFX0 node. The difference is clear (lack of the accelerator).

If you want to see how ioreg looks without CI, boot with FakeID 0x12345678. You will see that the intended drivers do not load at all.

IGPU PM is enabled by insuring the IGPU object is named IGPU in ACPI (yours is currently named GFX0, as is clear in ioreg). Also, according to your ioreg, CPU PM is not implemented either.

@aleixsr

here is all my stuff for T460. Almost works - except full gfx ):

Note:
I used RehabMan's examples and models throughout to create the SSDT hot patches and DSDT fixes (customized for the T460)
could not have got it the far without his work. I use his kexts as well. Thank you.

attached file:
DSDT/SSDT (and scripts)
ESP/EFI/Clover
kexts (for /Library/Extensions)

so what works:

sleep/wake
Note: i am using a BCM94352Z (DW1560) for wifi/BT
Ethernet
USB Ports (internal/external)
Camera
ClickPad, red button and 2 real buttons - modified the VoodooPSController kext to support this ClickPad and 3 real buttons

i get almost working graphics - it seems i have 32MB DVMT pre-alloc and don't know how to change that.

any you can try to use this pack (attached).
but I must mv /S/L/E/AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext to /S/L/E.AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext.NU - which disables the IntelAccelleration. to get booted up to do that use FakeID for IntelGfx 0x12345678 or safe mode.

Hello, @tluck how did you make camera work? I don't see camera anywhere!
Thank you

Sierra is out. Any luck with it?

@aleixsr - sorry for the delay. yes it was as RehabMan said -- getting the camera and other internal devices such as BT was a matter of USB configuration. i created a SSDT configuration in conjunction to the USBInjectAll kext that properly defines the XHCI ports. Note: i forked RehabMan's kexts: - VoodooPS2Controller and BrcmPatchRam to make some mods that (1) support the T460 ClickPad buttons and (2) changed timing for BT firmware reload to fix some race conditions after sleep.

I have not tried Sierra on the T460. i suspect it to work as well as El Cap for me. Note: i don't have full 3D acceleration. I suspect this issue to be related to DVMT limitations (32 MB) despite that some similar systems are working.

Note: i forked RehabMan's kexts: - VoodooPS2Controller and BrcmPatchRam to make some mods that (1) support the T460 ClickPad buttons and (2) changed timing for BT firmware reload to fix some race conditions after sleep.

Is your forked code/commits on github?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back