Graphics
HD 4400, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings all!

I have been away from the OSX86 community for a while, but recently began the process of making my ThinkPad T440s into a Hackintosh. This is the first time I've used Clover, and many of the tools and methods have changed dramatically in the last seven years so the learning curve and amount of reading was fairly steep, but thanks to several individuals, most notably Sniki and especially Rehabman, I have a booting and functioning Mojave install on the machine.

That being said, there is still one major and one minor issue that I can't seem to figure out, and would really appreciate some help. The major issue is the lack of audio devices. The internal mic and speaker are not recognized, and the combination headphone/mic port does not function. There are no audio sources (either input or output) in System Preferences.

I've read through several threads regarding Mojave and audio, and have attempted several of the suggested solutions without success.

UPDATE: See post below for the solution to the issue for my install.

Last edited:
SUCCESS!

I'm posting this so that if someone else is running into this issue they may be able to try what finally worked for me. I'm currently running 10.14.2.

After spending the last couple of days trying to figure out the audio issue, I booted into the BIOS just to confirm my settings, and noticed that the fingerprint scanner was "Enabled." I disabled the fingerprint scanner and restarted, and "viola!" All sound works. I have internal speakers and mic working and the combo port works as it should. Volume is lower than what I would like on the speakers and much lower than on Windows on this computer, but it's working.

I can only assume that somehow the fingerprint reader was interfering with the audio.

I'm using a default install as outlined on Sniki's Mojave quick guide, located here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back