Graphics
9600GT 256mb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok I have a lenovo T420 Laptop that I am trying to install OSX on.
I can get all the way through the install but after it installs and asks me to reboot,
the display is stretched. Like OSX thinks the screen is twice as big as it really is.
Also, there are some streaks and the screen is kinda dull.

Intel core i5 2540m
HD3000 only
I don't expect wifi or bluetooth to work. Just can't figure out the display issue.

I can get all the way through the install but after it installs and asks me to reboot,
the display is stretched. Like OSX thinks the screen is twice as big as it really is.

Intel core i5 2540m
HD3000 only
I don't expect wifi or bluetooth to work. Just can't figure out the display issue.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I updated my info. Thank you for your response. If you need any more information on my system please let me know.

Intel core i5 2540m
HD3000 only

You need to patch DSDT for HD3000/high-resolution.

Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "HD3000 High Resolution"

You need to patch DSDT for HD3000/high-resolution.

Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "HD3000 Low Resolution"

I took a look at the website and it says "Use this patch if your laptop has the standard 1366x768 screen"
"Use dual-link if you have 1600x900 or have upgraded to 1080p screen."

I have the 1600x900 screen, but it's 14" and I dont see a dual link option on the downloads screen.
Also, I have never edited a DSDT so do you know of any tutorials?

I took a look at the website and it says "Use this patch if your laptop has the standard 1366x768 screen"
"Use dual-link if you have 1600x900 or have upgraded to 1080p screen."

I have the 1600x900 screen, but it's 14" and I dont see a dual link option on the downloads screen.
Also, I have never edited a DSDT so do you know of any tutorials?

Read the README for proper use of MaciASL. Screen size is not relevant. You need to use "HD3000 High Resolution"

Read the README for proper use of MaciASL. Screen size is not relevant. You need to use "HD3000 High Resolution"

Thanks bro. I've been messing around with OS X trying to get everything working. Also, for some reason even though i'm installing the bootloader, I still have to boot with the USB. I can't boot at all from the drive. And one more thing, do you know of any laptop wifi cards that work natively?

Thanks bro. I've been messing around with OS X trying to get everything working. Also, for some reason even though i'm installing the bootloader, I still have to boot with the USB. I can't boot at all from the drive.

Do you see the bootloader when you boot from your HDD?

And one more thing, do you know of any laptop wifi cards that work natively?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Warning: Most Lenovo laptops implement a whitelist that limit your choices. Refer to your service manual.

Do you see the bootloader when you boot from your HDD?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Warning: Most Lenovo laptops implement a whitelist that limit your choices. Refer to your service manual.

Nope it brings me to the drive selection screen. When I choose my hard drive, it just restarts and goes back to the same screen, like there is no bootloader even installed. And so I basically need to find a lenovo branded card that is supported? Or have the whitelist removed?

Nope it brings me to the drive selection screen.

What do you mean "drive selection screen"? Sounds like a bootloader to me...

And so I basically need to find a lenovo branded card that is supported? Or have the whitelist removed?

Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back