Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, i have a lenovo p580 with 10.9.4 installed, most of it works fine, but currently I'm struggling with the camera (which worked kind of choppy after fresh install and booting in safe mode but got lost after installing boot loader and kexts), USB 3 speed is also non present, but the most important at the moment is the trackpad problem.

The thing is that i have tried every kext and config i could find but still have the same problem, currently the trackpad is detected and present in the System Preferences pane with all the tracking speed and other options, i even have a synaptics pref pane in there, but the pad just doesn't work.

The weird thing is that the keyboard works fine if i don't touch the trackpad at all, but as soon as i try to use the trackpad i lose the keyboard too and i have to restart the machine to get it back.

Anyway if some of you guys could point me in the right direction id really appreciate it

PS/ Most of the stuff I've used comes from the G580 and Y580 threads in this section (thanks a lot btw)

Hi guys, i have a lenovo p580 with 10.9.4 installed, most of it works fine, but currently I'm struggling with the camera (which worked kind of choppy after fresh install and booting in safe mode but got lost after installing boot loader and kexts), USB 3 speed is also non present, but the most important at the moment is the trackpad problem.

The thing is that i have tried every kext and config i could find but still have the same problem, currently the trackpad is detected and present in the System Preferences pane with all the tracking speed and other options, i even have a synaptics pref pane in there, but the pad just doesn't work.

The weird thing is that the keyboard works fine if i don't touch the trackpad at all, but as soon as i try to use the trackpad i lose the keyboard too and i have to restart the machine to get it back.

Anyway if some of you guys could point me in the right direction id really appreciate it

PS/ Most of the stuff I've used comes from the G580 and Y580 threads in this section (thanks a lot btw)

For Synaptics: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Thank you for the quick response!!

I have followed instructions and installed last three versions on bitbucket but the problem still persists

I forgot to mention that I have an old install of 10.9 from Nov last year and the touchpad works in that one(very sensitive touch but usable), but with this 10.9.4 the same procedure just doesn't work

Thank you for the quick response!!

I have followed instructions and installed last three versions on bitbucket but the problem still persists

I forgot to mention that I have an old install of 10.9 from Nov last year and the touchpad works in that one(very sensitive touch but usable), but with this 10.9.4 the same procedure just doesn't work

Make sure you followed the install instructions correctly.

What is the output of 'kextstat|grep -y ps2' in Terminal?

I think i followed to the letter, heres the output:

31 2 0xffffff7f80c08000 0xe000 0xe000 org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.10) <10 7 5 4 3 1>

50 0 0xffffff7f80c2b000 0x5000 0x5000 org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.8.10) <31 29 7 6 5 4 3 1>
51 0 0xffffff7f80c16000 0xb000 0xb000 org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad (1.8.10) <31 29 7 6 5 4 3 1>

I think i followed to the letter, heres the output:

31 2 0xffffff7f80c08000 0xe000 0xe000 org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.10) <10 7 5 4 3 1>

50 0 0xffffff7f80c2b000 0x5000 0x5000 org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.8.10) <31 29 7 6 5 4 3 1>
51 0 0xffffff7f80c16000 0xb000 0xb000 org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad (1.8.10) <31 29 7 6 5 4 3 1>

1.8.10 is an old version. Try the latest.

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Hi again, I installed 1.8.12 but still the same, heres the IOreg file, thanks again!!

Attachments

• Ki IOReg MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 164

I do not provide a 'synaptics pref pane'. Maybe you should fresh install... you seem to have some random stuff in your install where the origin is unclear.

You should also try EC reset (shutdown, remove *all* power sources, hold power 30 sec, put everything back & restart).

In addition, ioreg shows power management incorrect... http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

Yes, I've tried a lot of stuff at this point, so i guess I'm going back to square 1.

1 thing tho, i use most of the kexts from Jessers Y580 thread but when i install his AppleACPIPlatform kext the App Store won't let me login (can't verify computer or device error) even if the ethernet works ok and shows built in true and all that good stuff, so i let original AppleACPIPlatform and the problem disappear, so the question is, is there anything else i should avoid when re installing or anything i should try?

Yes, I've tried a lot of stuff at this point, so i guess I'm going back to square 1.

1 thing tho, i use most of the kexts from Jessers Y580 thread but when i install his AppleACPIPlatform kext the App Store won't let me login (can't verify computer or device error) even if the ethernet works ok and shows built in true and all that good stuff, so i let original AppleACPIPlatform and the problem disappear, so the question is, is there anything else i should avoid when re installing or anything i should try?

I can't think of any good reason to install AppleACPIPlatform.kext. When you do a fresh install, you already have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back