Contribute
Register

Lenovo P580 synaptics keyboard/trackpad problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i finally got the x86platformplugin to load and everything seems to be good (it was the ioUSBfamily kext), even the camera works now.

I just need to fix the sleep issue, do you thing it has something to do with chameleon version? it was working before, or what other alternatives do i have?

Attachments

• k3 MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.8 MB · Views: 111
Ok i finally got the x86platformplugin to load and everything seems to be good (it was the ioUSBfamily kext), even the camera works now.

I just need to fix the sleep issue, do you thing it has something to do with chameleon version? it was working before, or what other alternatives do i have?

What is the "sleep issue?"

the lap reboots instead of going to sleep

the lap reboots instead of going to sleep

It could be that it went to sleep, but then instantly wakes up and during the wake, reboots...

I would suggest DSDT patching...

You probably need DSDT patches. Likely candidates from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"
"Add IMEI"

For instant wake: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "7-series/8-series USB"
Also, install GenericUSBXCHI.kext, and use kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2

Hi again,

I did all the patching recommended in your post and installed genericUSBXHCI, add the kernel flags (I had to add -gux_no_idle) and all went well, computer goes to sleep and wake up correctly, weird thing is it only does that while I have the power cord connected, if Im running on battery only I get an instant wake up.

As always any advise will be appreciated, thanx

Hi again,

I did all the patching recommended in your post and installed genericUSBXHCI, add the kernel flags (I had to add -gux_no_idle) and all went well, computer goes to sleep and wake up correctly, weird thing is it only does that while I have the power cord connected, if Im running on battery only I get an instant wake up.

As always any advise will be appreciated, thanx

Look for "Wake reason' in system.log. Are you sleeping with Apple->Sleep or something else.

FYI: -gux_no_idle is default when Intel USB3 is detected.

Yes Apple > Sleep, but when i leave it unattended and goes automatically its the same

wake reason : PWRB (User)

It also says the same when I have the power cord connected and sleep works right

Ioreg

Attachments

• k4 MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 114

I see nothing special about your power button in DSDT (PRWB).

Are you certain that the Wake reason you're looking at is in the case of instant wake, and not some other time you actually woke the laptop with the power button? You have to correlate the logs with the time...

Try "Remove LID0._PRW" patch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back