Contribute
Register

Lenovo P51 Mobile Workstation [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. However I'm not a fan of losing time to cope with these endless possibilities. Otherwise the value of the time spent on building hackintosh laptop would exceed a price of a real Mac. There has to be limit haha

What is funny in this case, as I wrote, is that sharing the same hardware and presumably the same BIOS settings, the same given EFI works in one case but not the other. To the degree of incompatibility as you see on attached photos.

Yes, the errors are because of the hp840g3 ssdt files, but whatever other files I used I had boot issues.
Thanks but given the amount of errors above the one where it stopped I would revert to my original EFI and try with a SATA drive.

Samsung PM961 appears to be on a macOS blacklist
if you manage to get the system up with better ssdt files, let me know to give it also a try.
If you find also a good usb3.0 to hdmi 4k module let me know, I might order it too.
Thanks.

Could you please share the EFI and some guide how you "play" with this pciroot stuff ?
Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    36.7 MB · Views: 78
  • USBMap.kext.zip
    1 KB · Views: 54
Thanks, I have propertree, I will check the link to make the needed changes.
Which usb3 to hdmi/dp adapter are you using ?

Hmm I have a lenovo usb-c travel adapter with hdmi but i remember it wasn't working.
I might give it a try again during weekend.

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad USB-C Dock Gen 2 that I am using with T480, but when i connect two displays i get only mirror to laptop and not possible to extend screens, so I use the dock with T480 and have only one external monitor :(

Last edited:
Hmmm... I guess my previous post is either being moderated or got removed
Anyway you got my EFI. I'm super satisfied with it. Try it out.
USB C could be achieved via thunderbolt port. I'm green in these technologies. Maybe there are some guides of how to enable it.
Regarding my approach I use a product with DisplayLink chip inside.
Mine: https://i-tec.pro/en/produkt/u3dualada-2/

Thanks for the reminder. Was unable to attach at first. So resorted to external sharing service.

Also @septicc I confirm the case with NVMe drive. This was the issue. Now patiently waiting for the SATA adapter shipping from China haha. So far I boot from SSD SATA disk in external USB 3 case.

Thanks, I will try with my usb-c dock of t480 in p51 and see how it goes with your EFI.

Hmmm... I guess my previous post is either being moderated or got removed
Anyway you got my EFI. I'm super satisfied with it. Try it out.
USB C could be achieved via thunderbolt port. I'm green in these technologies. Maybe there are some guides of how to enable it.
Regarding my approach I use a product with DisplayLink chip inside.
Mine: https://i-tec.pro/en/produkt/u3dualada-2/

You EFI works much better than my EFI, i am currently upgrading to bigsur to check that everything remains the same.
You could check sometime the brightness buttons, or you can install the brightness slider next to the taskbar clock.

Do you believe there is any chance i could make the usb-c travel hub or usb-c dock or the default underneath dock to work ? or the only way is via a usb3 to hdmi adapter?
The adapters are crazy expensive :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back