Contribute
Register

Lenovo P51 Mobile Workstation [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me couple of hours to prepare a usb and try to see if installation starts, cause it's been a few months i last tried it.

Did you checked the Bios settings ?

Intel BIOS settings
Note: Most of these options may not be present in your firmware, we recommend matching up as closely as possible but don't be too concerned if many of these options are not available in your BIOS
#Disable
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Serial/COM Port
Parallel Port
VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
CSM
Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
Intel SGX
Intel Platform Trust
CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)
#Enable
VT-x
Above 4G decoding
Hyper-Threading
Execute Disable Bit
EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB

SATA Mode: AHCI

Last edited:

@DrInvincibilis you were right, the previous files were wip and not working.​

Please find attached the working EFI, I just tried it, this is the correct one.

Attachments

• p51 no sound no hdmi.part1.rar
    7 MB · Views: 152
  • p51 no sound no hdmi.part2.rar
    5.9 MB · Views: 76
Hi @septicc

Thanks again. However with this EFI it's even worse on my P51. Attaching screenshot.

Also this EFI as per comment, was originally made for HP Elliebook 840 G3. Wonder if you're 100% sure it's P51 compatible.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210403_180656.jpg
    IMG_20210403_180656.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 56
Did you disabled all the strange BIOS settings that are not friendly to hackintosh?
I checked your HWinfo, it looks we have the same peripheral equipment.
Did you copied both folders on the root of the USB stick ?

This file works perfect with 840G3, and is the only EFI I managed to install catalina with recovery image and upgrade it to big sur for Lenovo p51.
I also tried the opencore quide as stated in the site, but never managed to bring the p51 with that.

Hi

Every incompatible settings disabled in BIOS as per Kaby lake OC guide.

With my original EFI I was able to get to second step of the installer with a clue from this guide:

Type Value
framebuffer-patch-enable
Number
enable-max-pixel-clock-override
Number
enable-hdmi20
Number 1

However it randomly hangs when operation involves my M.2 disk. Once established partition, during second step it hangs at 10 minutes remaining and reboots.

I give a try once again with your EFI. Regarding both folders. Do you mean the _MACOSX also needs to be copied along with EFI?

Can you also check whether we share the same M.2 drive? Mine is Samsung PM961

After fixing iGPU with my EFI I now suspect the storage causing instability, freezes and restarts.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hmm, storage is an issue.

I had a strange experience on a t470 lenovo.
The installation was freezing on the apple logo with the progress bar or during the disc partition activities.
When I replaced the default m.2 samsung with a WD m.2 on T470, installation was ok.

In P51, I do not want to destroy my samsung m.2 that has windows, so I remove it and I use a lenovo kit that converts m.2 to sata and I use a sata ssd for the macos installation.
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01DXK5PAS/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

If you ever manage to make it work with onboard HDMI or the dock station, let me know, without display to external monitor I cannot work with it.

I will give a try installing some spare SATA SSD. That would be the last resort.

Interesting that sharing nearly the same hardware these hackintosh installation are randomly unpredictable haha

I tried again with your EFI. Actually applied a fix for that APTIO issue with a different driver EFI. However... boom haha. Looks like nearly 100% incompatibility with my hardware. Photo attached.

I actually said bye bye to the discrete graphics so in my case definitely no external ports and dock. I would probably check the external display over USB.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210403_211631.jpg
    IMG_20210403_211631.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
I will give a try installing some spare SATA SSD. That would be the last resort.

Interesting that sharing nearly the same hardware these hackintosh installation are randomly unpredictable haha

I tried again with your EFI. Actually applied a fix for that APTIO issue with a different driver EFI. However... boom haha. Looks like nearly 100% incompatibility with my hardware. Photo attached.

I actually said bye bye to the discrete graphics so in my case definitely no external ports and dock. I would probably check the external display over USB.

Thanks
Common problem which is (usually) easily solved - Use the forum Search tool to look for 1689.

Thanks but given the amount of errors above the one where it stopped I would revert to my original EFI and try with a SATA drive.

Samsung PM961 appears to be on a macOS blacklist

the amount of errors above the one where it stopped
ACPI errors are usually caused by using someone else's SSDT file(s), incorrect ACPI patches in the config.plist or even incorrect BIOS settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back