Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo P500
CPU
E5-2650 v3
Graphics
Nvidia Quadro K600
I recently bought an Lenovo P500 thinkstation for my Opencore build. It has an X99 chipset, E5-2650 v3 and Nvidia Quadro K600. Everything seems to work well including USB and audio after boot. CPU speedstep seems to work based on information from Intel Power Gadget. The only problem I have is that it tends to be very slow and sluggish after waking from sleep. The cursor and keyboard input are intermittent and browsers like Firefox and Safari have trouble loading. Would really appreciate any advice and comments on where I should try to troubleshoot this. I have attached my Opencore folder if that helps.

- Follow-up, using Rehabman's VoodooTSCSync.kext instead of CPUTSCSync.kext seems to solve the problem.

Attachments

• OC_P500.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 12.03.58.png

Lilu.kext should be first.

Kernel->Add[12] discovers CPUFriendDataProvider.kext, but its Parent (CPUFriend.kext) is either placed after it or is missing!

Ensure that all of your OpenCore files are from the same release.

It has an X99 chipset
I think it is C612.

Thanks for the advice and help.
I have changed the order of the kext in my config.plist.
Add CPUFriend.kext
Replace all of my OC files from OC 0.81
Clean reinstall of Mojave 10.14.6
At first glance it may have improved a little bit, but I still have the same issues as before where the keyboard response is really lagging and unable to load video files on browser and VLC without serious stutter.
I will keep tweaking with it if I can find more time in the next week.

Last edited:
An update from my brief attempt today:
I realized that the problem I see after waking from sleep is similar to that I see when I omitted CPUtscSync.kext during boot so I tried VoodooTscSync.kext from Rehabman (dated 2018). Despite CPUTscSync.kext is supposed to incorporate VoodooTscSync and VoodooTscSync is no longer updated and is older, so far it seems to work better than CPUTscSync. I will need to test my system more extensively to mark this as solved but this is a promising progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back