Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s
CPU
i3-2310M
Graphics
HD 3000
I know, I know, you've heard it all before. This isn't my first Hackintosh, but it's been a while. I cannot get this thing to boot from the SSD. I have it set to Disable CSM and boot UEFI only, disable secure boot. Removed all other devices from boot order but SATA1 which it is connected to, but the damn thing just won't boot from the SSD. It boots from USB every time and loads Mojave from SSD once in Clover. In fact, this machine was pretty easy (minus sound not working) to get installed. I updated the bios to most current, even tried a couple in between.

I'm using the most current version of Clover. I've done several fresh installs following vanilla guides or M73 specific ones.
I've tried Unibeast, no change

This is the SSD I'm using. Lexar NS100 2.5” SATA III (6GB/S) 128GB Solid-State Drive
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TKGGJ1T/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I'm beginning to think it's the SSD drive.

Rest of the system:

H81 chipset
I5-4570
8GB DDR3 1600
Nvidia GT 730 1GB DDR5 (Kepler)
Realtek® ALC662 codec
Realtek RTL8111GN

I appreciate any advice or starting points you can offer.

Boot from the USB then use clover configurator or EFIMounter to open both EFI partitions (drive and USB) drag and drop the USB EFI clover folder to the main drive and retest.
Sorry - forgot to mention I've done that each time. I've dried the cloner too and neither method worked. I also tried Catalina. Both Mojave and Catalina installers are from legit Macs if that helps.

Sorry - forgot to mention I've done that each time. I've dried the cloner too and neither method worked. I also tried Catalina. Both Mojave and Catalina installers are from legit Macs if that helps.
Poke around the bios settings and set boot priority for the SSD UEFI and hit Fn and F10 keys to lock it in. If you hit escape it defaults back to previous setting. Check AHCI as well for Sata.

Poke around the bios settings and set boot priority for the SSD UEFI and hit Fn and F10 keys to lock it in. If you hit escape it defaults back to previous setting. Check AHCI as well for Sata.
Thanks. I'll check when I get home. Is it unlikely that the SDD is the cause?
I honestly just feel like grabbing a Optiplex 9020. Found a SFF with i7 for $139 shipped. :/

Thanks. I'll check when I get home. Is it unlikely that the SDD is the cause?
I honestly just feel like grabbing a Optiplex 9020. Found a SFF with i7 for $139 shipped. :/
Still no luck. I already had it set for UEFI and the SSD and USB were the only ones listed in the boot sequence. SATA was also already set to AHCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back