Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 3060 MFF
CPU
i5-8500T
Graphics
HD 630
I have a Lenovo M700 Tiny i3-6100T integrated gpu only, with Sierra installed and working perfectly for a few years. I decided to run the security patch for it. After the patch, it no longer boots. Attached is the screen cap before it continuously reboots itself over and over. I tried booting into recovery, but it would get stuck about 70% on the progress bar and just sit there.

Previously I never applied any updates once an install has been completed exactly due things like this happening. But in a thread I posted about not updating to High Sierra or later, my hesitation was questioned, and was assured it would be perfectly fine. So I thought I'd start with just a security update.

Anyways, enough of the backstory, I have 2 paths, I can either start anew and try to install the latest macOS it'll support, or repair this install. Either case requires that I pull some files off of the original install. But when I put the SSD in an external enclosure, neither my High Sierra nor my El Capitan system would even recognize the drive in Disk Utility. I tried different cables and enclosures. Is there a trick to getting a boot drive to be recognized? If it's a simple repair, I can just get it booted then pull the files, then maybe wipe and reinstall to latest and greatest. Is anyone willing to help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 10.47.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-05 at 10.47.35 PM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Coincidentally perhaps, the security certificates for the Nvidia web drivers expired on 1st June.
Use the forum Search tool for info.
Try booting with nv_disable=1 or in safe mode.

Oddly your image shows a problem with Lilu.kext.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply. The M700 Tiny only has integrated graphics, but I will give it a try today and come back with my results.

Thank you for the reply. The M700 Tiny only has integrated graphics, but I will give it a try today and come back with my results.
Disregard my previous post then, I was going by the hardware in your profile.

I've updated my post for better clarification, sorry for the confusion.

I should probably post this in the Catalina forum instead. I'll leave the original post as strike through.

Finally had some time to get back to this. I took a backup of the Sierra EFI partition and created a Catalina USB drive, intending to following this guide since another user with a Lenovo M700 Tiny was suggested to follow that guide.

Then I copied my Sierra EFI and overwrote the EFI that was on the Catalina USB that I created. Ran Clover configurator and generated new serial #, SMUUID, and ROM values. I then formatted the Sierra SSD using a High Sierra box with APFS, GUID and named it "Catalina" per UniBeast guide here. Upon boot, I cannot see the formatted Catalina drive seen in attached pic. What did I do wrong?

The M700 Tiny is:
i3-6100T 3.20 GHz
Intel HD Graphics 530

Also attached the back up of the EFI from Sierra that I used. The install log is from the previous install in 2017.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 11.45.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-11 at 11.45.15 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • Lenovo M700 Tiny EFI Partition.zip
    20.8 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back