Contribute
Register

Lenovo Legion Y530 {Upgrade to Catalina Issue!!}

Status
Not open for further replies.
O
It seems that you are modifying based on my EFI. There are many problems with upgrading y530 to Catalina. At present, there is no good solution. Unfortunately.
oh I see, if you do see a solution then do let me know and thank you kindly to heads up.

O

oh I see, if you do see a solution then do let me know and thank you kindly to heads up.
xiaoM4095 updated his EFI to a pre release 3.0 beta which supports catalina. You can always try that one

xiaoM4095 updated his EFI to a pre release 3.0 beta which supports catalina. You can always try that one

thank you kindly much appreciated

Hello,
I have the same problem, I am not able to boot to MacOs on Legion Y530 after updating Catalina.
Did anyone solve the boot issue?

No~still waiting on the official release from him cause beta missing a lot of content.

No~still waiting on the official release from him cause beta missing a lot of content.
Official Catalina will only work without audio atm

AppleALC and Catalina cause an CPU crash/kernel panic

Works fine on Y540 though. So this model probably wont run Catalina with sound soon

Official Catalina will only work without audio atm

AppleALC and Catalina cause an CPU crash/kernel panic

Works fine on Y540 though. So this model probably wont run Catalina with sound soon

Can you please upload your EFI folder? I have your exact laptop but I am not able to boot still

Can you please upload your EFI folder? I have your exact laptop but I am not able to boot still
I just use this efi

No changes done by me except serial in smbios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back