MSI GE72 2QF
CPU
i7-5700HQ
Graphics
HD 5600, FHD
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, I have some problems with Legion Y530.
When I boot macOS sometimes UHD630 is working immediately, but sometimes not and I need to wait 2 or 3 min. After this time being black, screen turns on. I was trying different ig-platform-id, but without luck. I hope that disabling nVidia Optimus 1050ti it's not necessary, to make it work all the time I turn laptop on.

I also have problem with touchpad, I was trying VoodooPS2Controller.kext, ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and it's not working (while keyboard is working).

Hope that someone know hot to fix this problems. Thanks for help.

Specification in footer.

Attachments

• Lenovo Y530.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 256
Hi, I have some problems with Legion Y530.
When I boot macOS sometimes UHD630 is working immediately, but sometimes not and I need to wait 2 or 3 min. After this time being black, screen turns on. I was trying different ig-platform-id, but without luck. I hope that disabling nVidia Optimus 1050ti it's not necessary, to make it work all the time I turn laptop on.

I also have problem with touchpad, I was trying VoodooPS2Controller.kext, ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and it's not working (while keyboard is working).

Hope that someone know hot to fix this problems. Thanks for help.

Specification in footer.

"Problem Reporting" files are wrong (ioreg captured with wrong version of IORegistryExplorer.app).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• Lenovo Y530.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 120
Sorry, now it's done with v2.1

You might try disabling the Nvidia GPU.
Or try other ig-platform-id values (get a list from the kext via WhateverGreen dump).
Also backlight control is not implemented.

Is your screen connected via LVDS. Check in Windows. If it is eDP, it might explain the trouble...

Also, your profile is not complete. Missing screen resolution. Please fix as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Unfortunately it's eDP. What can I do in this situation?

Some people patch the LVDS connector (in the framebuffer) for DP.
Read up on how to change the connector-type via WhateverGreen.kext or using KextsToPatch.

Some people patch the LVDS connector (in the framebuffer) for DP.
Read up on how to change the connector-type via WhateverGreen.kext or using KextsToPatch.
Good to know that I can still run my laptop, thank you. Do you know any tutorial for patching eDP to LVDS? I do not know where to start.

Did someone found a way to use the dedicated gpu on High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back