Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad Y700 + Sierra 10.12.1(16B2657)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was ripping my hair out because I had Intel HD Graphics 530 showing as only 7 MB in "About this Mac", so for anyone having the same problem on Y700 15ISK (think its the same of 17ISK and touch) heres what you do:

On Sierra 12.10.1
I had some problems understand what kext patching really was, this is an example.

In your EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
Enter under
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>

Enter the following:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>0x19160000/etc, 19MB framebuffer 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AAAgAgAAUAE=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AAAwAQAAkAA=</data>
</dict>

Then, also edit the <key>Graphics</key> section so it is as follows:

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x19160000</string>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>

Then you need to apply the patch.
You do it as follows:
save that config you just edited.
Reboot, but edit the clover graphics injector settings. Set the ig-platform-id to replace the one we just put in "0x19160000" with "0x12345678". This is just a bogus id because we need to boot first and rebuild kernel cache before booting with that platform id. Now after booting, open KextWizard and Rebuild cache.
Reboot again, and don't edit anything in the clover config.

I got this from reading this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lensize-patch-with-32mb-dvmt-prealloc.221506/

and from what OP said in the first post.

The thing is that in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lensize-patch-with-32mb-dvmt-prealloc.221506/ RehabMan talks about Find/Replace of some values:

Comment: 0x19160000/etc, 19MB framebuffer 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)
Name: AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer
Find: 01030303 00002002 00005001
Replace: 01030303 00003001 00009000

Those values don't look like that in the config.plist if you open with TextEdit, it looks like
<key>Find</key>
<key>Replace</key>

Its a different format Base64 vs Hex. I think I've read that if you open the file with Xcode it changes it for you, but I didn't try that so I don't know.

So, I found a config in https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD520_530_540.plist
Which I could just copy and paste into my config.plist, and voila.
It didn't work with the whole config.plist copied, then I couldn't even find the OSX hard drive in clover so just copy those two little parts (ig-platform-id, and find replace).

Attached is my working EFI for Lenovo Y700 15ISK.
Again, remember that you have to first boot with a bogus platform id, rebuild cache with Kext Wizard, and only then will you be able to boot with the new platform-id.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 295
I was ripping my hair out because I had Intel HD Graphics 530 showing as only 7 MB in "About this Mac", so for anyone having the same problem on Y700 15ISK (think its the same of 17ISK and touch) heres what you do:

On Sierra 12.10.1
I had some problems understand what kext patching really was, this is an example.

Enter under
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>

Enter the following:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>0x19160000/etc, 19MB framebuffer 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Find</key>
<key>Replace</key>
</dict>

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>

You do it as follows:
Reboot, but edit the clover graphics injector settings. Set the ig-platform-id to replace the one we just put in "0x19160000" with "0x12345678". This is just a bogus id because we need to boot first and rebuild kernel cache before booting with that platform id. Now after booting, open KextWizard and Rebuild cache.

I got this from reading this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lensize-patch-with-32mb-dvmt-prealloc.221506/

The thing is that in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lensize-patch-with-32mb-dvmt-prealloc.221506/ RehabMan talks about Find/Replace of some values:

Those values don't look like that in the config.plist if you open with TextEdit, it looks like
<key>Find</key>
<key>Replace</key>

Its a different format Base64 vs Hex. I think I've read that if you open the file with Xcode it changes it for you, but I didn't try that so I don't know.

The settings are already in the guide plists...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

It didn't work with the whole config.plist copied, then I couldn't even find the OSX hard drive in clover so just copy those two little parts (ig-platform-id, and find replace).

Because you forgot HFSPlus.efi.
Read the guide carefully.

On Sierra 12.10.1

Enter under
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>

Enter the following:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Find</key>
<key>Replace</key>
</dict>

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<true/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</dict>

You do it as follows:

<key>Find</key>
<key>Replace</key>

So, I found a config in https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD520_530_540.plist
Which I could just copy and paste into my config.plist, and voila.

Attached is my working EFI for Lenovo Y700 15ISK.
Again, remember that you have to first boot with a bogus platform id, rebuild cache with Kext Wizard, and only then will you be able to boot with the new platform-id.

Hi simenemis.

Maybe this post can help about that issue in an easier way.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dvmt-error-cant-set-variable-using-efi.222516/page-2#post-1515979

Was anyone able to fix the shutdown issue in Lenovo Y700?

Sierra is successfully installed on my Lenovo Y700
It is pretty easy to install Sierra on Y700 with just few changes on bios (clover+gpt).
Almost perfect except shut down problem, still finding solution for it.

CPU: i7-6700HQ
Motherboard: Allsparks 5A
Graphic: Intel HD530 + GTX960m

Battery:
Battery stat: 0% , --> fixed by DSDT patch + ACPIBatteryManagement.kext
Sleep and instant wake --> DSDT patch

shut down issue unsolved, don't know if it is just specific to my laptop.
restart to clover gui and press power button as substitution.

Graphic:
Intel HD530 --> AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFrameBuffer.kext +inject Intel + ig-platform-id: 0x191B0000/0x19160000/0x19120000
Brightness control ---> DDST patch + IntelBacklight.kext
Upper left corner glitch --> patch by plist 'Device/Addproperties'

GTX960m, it can be turn off just by change setting in bios, switchable -> internal.

Keyboard/Trackpad/Ethernet/Audio/Camera/USB3.0/SD card reader/HDMI port:
keyboard/trackpad ---> inject correct PS2controller kext (voodoo 1.8.25)
Ethernet --> RealtekRLC8111 kext
USB3.0 ---> USBInjectAll.kext + SSDT configuration
Camera works fine without specific patch.
HDMI graphic output works, sound output not tested yet

Audio, try proper AppleHDA patched, it may fix microphone also. Or try VoodooHDA, but microphone won't work by using this patch.
SysPref/Trackpad setting empty, it's ELAN pad, not optimum by voodoops2controller
SD card reader, not working

WIFI/Bluetooth:
Y700 has no bios whitelist, is capable to replace with BCM or Athero
I am using BCM94352Z, WIFI+Bluetooth. Just lazy to work on handoff, but it is able to be patched.

Credits RehabMan
we have exact the same lenovo y700, how come you managed to make the camera works? I had been struggling for almost a months but for your it's working fine without any patch or fix?

please, does anyone managed to make the camera (f200) working fine in any version of the osx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back