Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P Errors + Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P
CPU
IntelCore i7-4700MQ (Haswell)
Graphics
NVIDIA GT755M/Intel HD 4600 (integrated)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So this was my first attempt at a hackintosh. I managed using UniBeast to install mavericks on my hdd. I fixed the 4k sector issue, patched the mach_kernel, and I selected easy install using MultiBeast. I don't have audio enabled yet and I can't for the life of me get the graphics working. I'm stuck at the lowest resolution. My computer has a NVIDIA GT755M and integrated Intel HD 4600 (HD 5000). I'm pretty sure both of these are supported natively by Mac OS. When I boot with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" I get "ERROR: dctable_version is 0x0" and "ERROR: nVidia ROM Patching Failed!" then "Lenovo GeForce Gt 755M 0MB NVe7 [10de:0fcd] - [17aa:3801] :: Pci ROOT (0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) device number: 1" and finally "Memory allocation error! Addr:" non recoverable error etc.

Booting normally with graphics enabler off I get this error several times, although I can still boot into OS X. "GeForceSensors (pci1): [Fatal] unable to shadow VBIOS"

I removed all of the Ati, and GeForce kexts and rebuilt cache with kext utility. I would like to know what these errors mean and how to fix them and enable accelerated graphics support (with either gpu). Btw I have already tried all IGPlatform ID's for the HD 4600/5000 and I am using the Chimera with the latest bootloaders and GraphicsEnabler set to no by default.

So this was my first attempt at a hackintosh. I managed using UniBeast to install mavericks on my hdd. I fixed the 4k sector issue, patched the mach_kernel, and I selected easy install using MultiBeast. I don't have audio enabled yet and I can't for the life of me get the graphics working. I'm stuck at the lowest resolution. My computer has a NVIDIA GT755M and integrated Intel HD 4600 (HD 5000). I'm pretty sure both of these are supported natively by Mac OS. When I boot with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" I get "ERROR: dctable_version is 0x0" and "ERROR: nVidia ROM Patching Failed!" then "Lenovo GeForce Gt 755M 0MB NVe7 [10de:0fcd] - [17aa:3801] :: Pci ROOT (0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) device number: 1" and finally "Memory allocation error! Addr:" non recoverable error etc.

Booting normally with graphics enabler off I get this error several times, although I can still boot into OS X. "GeForceSensors (pci1): [Fatal] unable to shadow VBIOS"

I removed all of the Ati, and GeForce kexts and rebuilt cache with kext utility. I would like to know what these errors mean and how to fix them and enable accelerated graphics support (with either gpu). Btw I have already tried all IGPlatform ID's for the HD 4600/5000 and I am using the Chimera with the latest bootloaders and GraphicsEnabler set to no by default.

You have "switching" graphics (Optimus). Nvidia will not work. Focus on HD4600 as it is the only possibility. Use the latest Chameleon: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-22svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/

Remove all Nvidia kexts: NV*, GeForce*.

Use: GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelAzulFB=12 dart=0

Try different values for IntelAzulFB if 12 does not work. See here for more info: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288241-intel-hd4000-inject-aaplig-platform-id/

I have tried all the: IntelAzulFB (0-15), with (IGPlatformId, or InjectIntel-ig). Every time I use GraphicsEnabler:Yes I get the same memory allocation error. And the error is right after I confirm the boot flags (-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes) image.jpg I'm pretty stumped here. I have read almost every thread on the HD 4600, including with Optimus, and most are recognized and working by using the IntelAzulFb flag. GraphicsEnabler is off by default and that's how I can boot in but only with 1024x768 (1600x900 is my native) and 64mb shared system memory/VRAM. So I know the GT755M might not work and that's fine so long as I can get the 4600 working. Any other help would be appreciated, thanks for your time :) .

I have tried all the: IntelAzulFB (0-15), with (IGPlatformId, or InjectIntel-ig). Every time I use GraphicsEnabler:Yes I get the same memory allocation error. And the error is right after I confirm the boot flags (-v GraphicsEnabler=Yes) View attachment 80944 I'm pretty stumped here. I have read almost every thread on the HD 4600, including with Optimus, and most are recognized and working by using the IntelAzulFb flag. GraphicsEnabler is off by default and that's how I can boot in but only with 1024x768 (1600x900 is my native) and 64mb shared system memory/VRAM. So I know the GT755M might not work and that's fine so long as I can get the 4600 working. Any other help would be appreciated, thanks for your time :) .

Nvidia problem. Turn off any nvidia related to GraphicsEnabler (eg. use SkipNvidiaGfx=Y).

Okay So I used: GraphicsEnabler=Yes SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes and it recognized the HD 4600. Now it won't boot. It gets stuck at **** [IOBluetoothController]... So I'm guessing it's still a graphics issue. I'm wondering if I reinstalled Mavericks, while booting to the usb with: GraphicsEnabler:Yes SkipNvidiaGfx, It might recognize it on first boot.

Okay So I used: GraphicsEnabler=Yes SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes and it recognized the HD 4600. Now it won't boot. It gets stuck at **** [IOBluetoothController]... So I'm guessing it's still a graphics issue. I'm wondering if I reinstalled Mavericks, while booting to the usb with: GraphicsEnabler:Yes SkipNvidiaGfx, It might recognize it on first boot.

You need to use IntelAzulFB to set the ig-platform-id. Probably 12.

Ok so I used IntezAzulFB. I tried all the numbers from 0-15. Three have booted without a change in resolution (10, 14, and 15). Some have changed resolution while in verbose mode (changed resolution, screen flashed white, then froze with the text marker stuck at the very first position). One freezes in verbose mode. Anything I'm missing?

Ok so I used IntezAzulFB. I tried all the numbers from 0-15. Three have booted without a change in resolution (10, 14, and 15). Some have changed resolution while in verbose mode (changed resolution, screen flashed white, then froze with the text marker stuck at the very first position). One freezes in verbose mode. Anything I'm missing?

You're using all flags in combination (or entering them in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist), right? IntelAzulFB has no effect without GraphicsEnabler=N.

So you should be using something like:
IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y SkipNvidiaGfx=Y dart=0

I would set dart=0 (in Kernel Flags) GraphicsEnabler=Yes and SkipNvidiaGfx=Yes in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Also, it is a good idea to use "Graphics Mode"=1600x900x32 (quotes required when typing it).

So, in org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1600x900x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SkipNvidiaGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0</string>

Then all you need to type is IntelAzulFB=x (where is is the different values)... until you find one that works at which point add to org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
Code:
<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
<string>12</string>

Also, you should verify that all your Intel HD kexts are intact -- that you didn't delete them somewhere along the way (note: If you deleted them from the USB, that carries over into your final install and you must restore them).

Also, I can't really understand your description of the failure. Always post a photo.

Ok so after adding the resolution in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist the os is now displaying at the proper resolution. My Plist: View attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I have been booting with IntelAzulFB options manually. It says i only have 64mb Vram and things are choppy. I am going to try the numbers 0-15 again, this time with the proper resolution. I checked all of the AppleIntelHD*000 kexts and bundles, they are there, and I haven't deleted any.

Attachments

• Chameleon Plist.tiff
    232.1 KB · Views: 206
So I tried all the numbers again for IntelAzulFB. Most made the display blank, or froze on a black screen in verbose. Only one, IntelAzulFB=10, gave me an actual error to work on.IMG_1138.jpg This is where it has stopped every time. Just a reminder, I do have the patched mach_kernel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back