Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U430 - Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's strange. But i don't think U430P and U430 use different motherboard.

I downloaded my bios from lenovo website, the U430P and the U430 are on different pages. but the version and the release date are the same. 7CCN62WW, 11/24/2014

FYI:
http://support.lenovo.com/hk/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-u-series-laptops/ideapad-u430p-notebook

http://support.lenovo.com/hk/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-u-series-laptops/ideapad-u430-touch-notebook

They have released a new version since I checked... I'm running 7ccn61ww.

Not sure I want to update...

Boot from USB and capture "patchmatic -extract" output. I'll compare the files to 61ww.

They have released a new version since I checked... I'm running 7ccn61ww.

Not sure I want to update...

That's fine, I can flash back to 61. I enabled the back flash on bios.
Do you have a backup of your current bios file? Could you please upload it somewhere , so I can download it?

A recent change in Clover is something to be aware of. SSDTs may load in the wrong order if you don't update your config.plist. I will update the one in the repo shortly.

See here (and link) for more info: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2656&view=findpost&p=43690

Hi RehabMan

Thank you for the info.
Currently I am running clover r2953, do I need to update to the latest version and make the SSDTs ordered, so I can get better performence?
As refer to your and slice's post, will an ordered ssdts help clover save some searching time?

Hi RehabMan

Thank you for the info.
Currently I am running clover r2953, do I need to update to the latest version and make the SSDTs ordered, so I can get better performence?
As refer to your and slice's post, will an ordered ssdts help clover save some searching time?

The change was implemented in Clover v3062. Clover v3088 has the SortedOrder "fix".

I'm looking at purchasing the Lenovo U530 as a dual-boot hackintosh. After reading up here, it appears that the only problems would be WiFi support and the headphone jack.
WiFi can be fixed with a rebranded AR5BHB92. But what about the headphone jack? It's listed as "Not working correctly". Does that mean partial support or none?

I guess my major question would be "how is it"? Is it worth the time and money, or should I invest in a different machine, like a HP Envy 15 or a Dell Inspiron?

I'm looking at purchasing the Lenovo U530 as a dual-boot hackintosh. After reading up here, it appears that the only problems would be WiFi support and the headphone jack.
WiFi can be fixed with a rebranded AR5BHB92. But what about the headphone jack? It's listed as "Not working correctly". Does that mean partial support or none?

I guess my major question would be "how is it"? Is it worth the time and money, or should I invest in a different machine, like a HP Envy 15 or a Dell Inspiron?

The headphone problem can probably be solved. I just haven't looked into it as other things have been more important. It really depends on how important the headphone port is for you.

The headphone problem can probably be solved. I just haven't looked into it as other things have been more important. It really depends on how important the headphone port is for you.

I assume that means it's not working at all then. It's pretty important to me, so I think I'll pass on the U530 for now.
Do all combo jacks have this problem?

I assume that means it's not working at all then. It's pretty important to me, so I think I'll pass on the U530 for now.
Do all combo jacks have this problem?

It works sometimes after sleep/wake cycle.

Headphone problems are common.

If you want perfect, buy a MacBook Air.

It works sometimes after sleep/wake cycle.

Headphone problems are common.

If you want perfect, buy a MacBook Air.

Hmm... I almost never let my computer sleep. It's always either on or off. So theoretically it would be fine...?

I was considering the air for a while, but I would much rather have the higher specs of a windows machine. I plan on using programs such as Logic Pro and PhotoShop, and I tend to use them pretty intensively.

Personally, I love dealing with hackintoshes. It's a lot more enjoyable (to me) to have to tinker with something to get it to work, than just spend more on one that already does. Despite all the trouble my old Lenovo G780 gave me, it was fun to work on it.
I compare it to building a car. Sure, you can get one already made, but you will be a lot more proud of it if you put it together yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back