Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U430 - Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your info. Just updated without any problems, too.
Everything runs much more nice with your new dsdt patches/ clover config and graphic (dylib) fixes - very good work!

Does the BIOS update improve graphics performance? If so, I might boot up Windows and update it.

Does the BIOS update improve graphics performance? If so, I might boot up Windows and update it.

Unlikely. BIOS has little to do with graphics performance when running OS X (or Windows for that matter).

Hello, I have U430 Touch with i5-4200U and Nvidia 730m too.

Here is my tables with discrete card ON and bios 7CCN61WW.

The DSDT patching/extracting scripts/makefile have been updated to deal with disabling nvidia...

I'd like to purchase a U430 in the near future and installing OS X looks like an entertaining project. Could I use the guide by johncronan to install clover onto an external USB hard drive instead of the main one? And could this be done in such a way that it makes no changes to the computer itself, just the external drive when plugged in? I don't want to mess with any windows hard drive especially since it's not really as large as I would like with just one machine. It would be even better if there is a spot for an additional internal hard drive but I can't find any information on that right now. I don't really know anything about doing this and I didn't find any information on using clover with an external hard drive after searching around for quite some time.

I'd like to purchase a U430 in the near future and installing OS X looks like an entertaining project. Could I use the guide by johncronan to install clover onto an external USB hard drive instead of the main one? And could this be done in such a way that it makes no changes to the computer itself, just the external drive when plugged in? I don't want to mess with any windows hard drive especially since it's not really as large as I would like with just one machine. It would be even better if there is a spot for an additional internal hard drive but I can't find any information on that right now. I don't really know anything about doing this and I didn't find any information on using clover with an external hard drive after searching around for quite some time.

I don't think the guide you mention is up-to-date with recent changes.

I'm not sure if installing to an external HDD works. Never tried it (don't see the point).

I don't think the guide you mention is up-to-date with recent changes.

Thanks, I guess I'll have to wait till there's an updated guide then since I'm to noob to understand most of this thread, even after reading the whole thing and lots of introductory articles...

Is anything happening with the guide you were working on that you mentioned several times earlier in this thread?

Certainly, before I publish a guide for this laptop, I'll post a new build.

I haven't figured out exactly how I'll write the guide and what approach I'll take. Still a work in progress.

When I have time to cleanup the files and streamline the process a bit, I'll write a guide. this laptop makes quite a nice hack and is deserving of a proper guide.

Once I publish a guide, it probably won't be much more than a day.

When I publish my guide it will be Clover only.

Thanks, I guess I'll have to wait till there's an updated guide then since I'm to noob to understand most of this thread, even after reading the whole thing and lots of introductory articles...

Is anything happening with the guide you were working on that you mentioned several times earlier in this thread?

I still have a few more tasks to complete before a guide can be written. For example, the makefile currently assumes EFI at /dev/disk0s1, which is the case if you do a fresh repartition, but is not the case if you install into the OEM install of Windows. So, I need to write some script to automatically determine the location of the EFI partition.

I don't want to write a guide that is difficult to follow.

But if you have good computer skills, you should be able to figure out how to install. The installation process is actually very typical of installing OS X on a laptop. Easier actually, because I have already figured out most the little details.

My opinion... Get started now since there is much you'll need to learn in any case.

hello bro, i saw you have done already the script with tables completely from other person, so i don't need to post again.

just one question want your help, in the config.plist, there are 3 patches for HDA, i need to use both or need use only one? the sound card on mine seems lost often and i need to re-install the kext

hello bro, i saw you have done already the script with tables completely from other person, so i don't need to post again.

Yes... Of course, I don't have a machine with nvidia, so someone else will have to test the patches.

just one question want your help, in the config.plist, there are 3 patches for HDA, i need to use both or need use only one? the sound card on mine seems lost often and i need to re-install the kext

All three. You will likely lose it everytime a kernel cache build happens... eg. from installing new kexts, etc. Once you get it working, assuming kexts aren't changing it should work. When you lose it, a kernel cache rebuild + 2x reboots should fix. I'd like to come up with a more reliable injector technique for AppleHDA, but it is what we have now.

Yes... Of course, I don't have a machine with nvidia, so someone else will have to test the patches.

All three. You will likely lose it everytime a kernel cache build happens... eg. from installing new kexts, etc. Once you get it working, assuming kexts aren't changing it should work. When you lose it, a kernel cache rebuild + 2x reboots should fix. I'd like to come up with a more reliable injector technique for AppleHDA, but it is what we have now.

understood, thank you very much man.:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back