Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire patch is in this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...artbatterymanager-lenovo-z580.html#post656392

If you're having trouble, respond with the DSDT you're attempting to patch. If you are trying to patch an already patched DSDT, it could be that the battery methods were already tampered with.

As for ioreg dump: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Thank you Rehabman. :) Finally got it to work. I now know why errors are appearing. Because I was using dsdt editor rather than Maciasl. My bad.

One question I have atheros 9285 but my sleep isn't working?
How Do I add the pid/vid into your info.plist? Thank you again,

Here is the info of my Bluetooth

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 4.1.7f2 12718
Hardware Settings:
Address: 68-A3-C4-FB-7B-7F
Manufacturer: Qualcomm Atheros
Name: ---- MacBook Pro
Firmware Version: 5.39321 (5.39321)
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: Off
Connectable: No
Remote wake: On
Vendor ID: 0x0CF3
Product ID: 0x3005
HCI Version: 0x5
HCI Revision: 0x9999
LMP Version: 0x5
LMP Subversion: 0x9999
Device Type (Major): Computer
Device Type (Complete): Mac Portable
Composite Class Of Device: 0x38010C
Device Class (Major): 0x01
Device Class (Minor): 0x03
Service Class: 0x1C0
Services:
Bluetooth File Transfer:
Folder other devices can browse: ~/Public
When receiving items: Prompt for each file
State: Disabled
Bluetooth File Exchange:
Folder for accepted items: ~/Downloads
When other items are accepted: Ask
Bluetooth Internet Sharing:
Incoming Serial Ports:
Bluetooth-Serial-1:
RFCOMM Channel: 4
Requires Authentication: No
Bluetooth-Serial-2:
RFCOMM Channel: 2
Bluetooth-PDA-Sync:
RFCOMM Channel: 5
Outgoing Serial Ports:
Bluetooth-Modem:
Address:
RFCOMM Channel: 0

Thank you Rehabman. :) Finally got it to work. I now know why errors are appearing. Because I was using dsdt editor rather than Maciasl. My bad.

DSDT Editor and MaciASL should have pretty good compatibility as far as patches are concerned. The differences can happen because each tool uses a different compiler. But still, I don't bother to test my patches with DSDT Editor... MaciASL is so much better being a native app instead of written in Java.

One question I have atheros 9285 but my sleep isn't working?
How Do I add the pid/vid into your info.plist? Thank you again,

What exactly isn't working about sleep?

Here is the info of my Bluetooth

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 4.1.7f2 12718
Hardware Settings:
Address: 68-A3-C4-FB-7B-7F
Manufacturer: Qualcomm Atheros
Name: ---- MacBook Pro
Firmware Version: 5.39321 (5.39321)
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: Off
Connectable: No
Remote wake: On
Vendor ID: 0x0CF3
Product ID: 0x3005
HCI Version: 0x5
HCI Revision: 0x9999
LMP Version: 0x5
LMP Subversion: 0x9999
Device Type (Major): Computer
Device Type (Complete): Mac Portable
Composite Class Of Device: 0x38010C
Device Class (Major): 0x01
Device Class (Minor): 0x03
Service Class: 0x1C0
Services:
Bluetooth File Transfer:
Folder other devices can browse: ~/Public
Bluetooth File Exchange:
Folder for accepted items: ~/Downloads
When other items are accepted: Ask
Bluetooth Internet Sharing:
Incoming Serial Ports:
Bluetooth-Serial-1:
RFCOMM Channel: 4
Bluetooth-Serial-2:
RFCOMM Channel: 2
Bluetooth-PDA-Sync:
RFCOMM Channel: 5
Outgoing Serial Ports:
Bluetooth-Modem:
Address:
RFCOMM Channel: 0

That looks like AR3011 BT when firmware is loaded. Capture ioreg when firmware is not loaded (eg. after sleep or after cold boot). See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

DSDT Editor and MaciASL should have pretty good compatibility as far as patches are concerned. The differences can happen because each tool uses a different compiler. But still, I don't bother to test my patches with DSDT Editor... MaciASL is so much better being a native app instead of written in Java.

What exactly isn't working about sleep?

That looks like AR3011 BT when firmware is loaded. Capture ioreg when firmware is not loaded (eg. after sleep or after cold boot). See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Hi Rehabman,

When I closed the lid of the laptop or try to put the computer into sleep, the screen just turns black/off but doesn't go to sleep completely. What would I try to get on IOreg? Where would i see the firmware of the bluetooth and pid/vid? Do you happen to know if BCM943225HMB Broadcomm wlan with BT 3.0 still needs DSDT patching or is it natively recognized with 10.8.5? Is there also a website that has list of dsdt injection or patches? Thanks for all your help and patience. :)

Hi Rehabman,

When I closed the lid of the laptop or try to put the computer into sleep, the screen just turns black/off but doesn't go to sleep completely.

Could be DSDT issue. Or could be a problem if you have unrecognized PCI devices... Unfortunately, it is difficult to debug. Do you have power management 100% implemented?

What would I try to get on IOreg? Where would i see the firmware of the bluetooth and pid/vid?

On a cold boot or post sleep (without a firmware loader), the device will have its native device-id under the USB sections. Post the ioreg if you want me to look.

Do you happen to know if BCM943225HMB Broadcomm wlan with BT 3.0 still needs DSDT patching or is it natively recognized with 10.8.5?

I think with DSDT patch it works with vanilla drivers in 10.8.5.

Is there also a website that has list of dsdt injection or patches? Thanks for all your help and patience. :)

I would assume you would inject [14e4:432b] (that's just a guess), which is BCM94322HM8L (natively supported). This link is a good resource: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Hi guys have you attempted OSX 10.9 GM on the lenovo?

I am reading stuff like /S/L/E being locked down etc.
Any ideas/tips before any attempts for the new version of OSX?

I bought an Atheros ar5bhb92 (no BT module) to throw into my u410 to replace my Intel Wireless-N 2230 and have flashed a non-whitelisted bios successfully, however when I put the new card in and try to start the laptop it won't turn on. I'm thinking this could be caused by an FRU mismatch or just a dead card. What do you guys think?

Hello guys, now I want to ask something that is little bit offtopic (sorry about that). I want to install Ubuntu 13.10 alongside the OSX. I have installed OSX on external disk. Now if I make paration on the external disk a install Ubuntu there, will I be able to boot OSX a Ubuntu succesfully? Thanks for answer and sorry for offtopic. :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back