Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is universal. But if you needed patches to your DSDT you still need them. All ACPI-based battery managers require DSDT patches if the DSDT accesses EC registers larger than 8-bit. And you need to use vanilla AppleACPIPlatform to enable Ivy Bridge power management and to avoid other problems.

When I tried to patch the one on the post and compile, it post 8 errors and would not compile. One of the errors is object does not exist. Could this be patched with a dsdt that was previously patched with sound and hd4000, Such as the one from dastre? Or should be a clean dsdt? I also have problem with sleep and lid sleep. It just turns off the screen but does not go to sleep? Do I need to patch that too? Or is it a wlan/ bluetooth issue? I have a intel 2230 wifi.

When I tried to patch the one on the post and compile, it post 8 errors and would not compile. One of the errors is object does not exist. Could this be patched with a dsdt that was previously patched with sound and hd4000, Such as the one from dastre? Or should be a clean dsdt? I also have problem with sleep and lid sleep. It just turns off the screen but does not go to sleep? Do I need to patch that too? Or is it a wlan/ bluetooth issue? I have a intel 2230 wifi.

Is this with your Dell or a Lenovo U410?

For help with DSDT issues, post your DSDT and the patches (or a link) that you're trying to apply. In general, patches are designed to be applied to a native (clean) DSDT.

Sometimes sleep issues as you describe are DSDT issues, although unrecognized/unsupported PCI devices (such as your wifi) can cause the same problem.

Hi Guys!
I too have this little awesome u410 i5.
But i cant run my audio natively. I use voodoo.
Its ok for home stuff and for my wife to watch tvshows.
But i need this laptop to run some audio apps like mainstage and logic.
Please can someone give me the link to make cx20590 patch.
Im not sure why but the 0sx86.net thing just doesnt work for me.

Thanks in advance.(sorry for my english, im from ukraine)

Is this with your Dell or a Lenovo U410?

For help with DSDT issues, post your DSDT and the patches (or a link) that you're trying to apply. In general, patches are designed to be applied to a native (clean) DSDT.

Sometimes sleep issues as you describe are DSDT issues, although unrecognized/unsupported PCI devices (such as your wifi) can cause the same problem.

Hi RehabMan. Sorry for not replying right away been busy. Anyways my copy of my raw dsdt is on post #275 (sorry my browser does not allow me to post it, I wonder why?) and wanted to apply your battery patch for my Lenovo u410. I tried to apply it before but I always ended up with errors. Can you show me what would be the exact code patch for it? Oh, One more thing what is the patch for lid sleep and sleep button I have a atheros 9285 too. I am using ioa3k Kext. Thanks and more power to you.

i use dsdtse to patch dsdt.

No i completely removed windows 8 and the mini ssd. I have a 240gig mushkin ssd that i replaced the hdd with.

I'll get back to you about the patches tomorrow as i have to goto work

@dastre

Were you able to apply RehabMan dsdt battery patch in your dsdt in post #276? Would appreciate if you could patch it and share your dsdt.aml for Lenovo u410. Thanks.

Hi RehabMan. Sorry for not replying right away been busy. Anyways my copy of my raw dsdt is on post #275 (sorry my browser does not allow me to post it, I wonder why?) and wanted to apply your battery patch for my Lenovo u410. I tried to apply it before but I always ended up with errors. Can you show me what would be the exact code patch for it?

I just tried it with your DSDT in post #275. No errors here. The exact patch is in the linked post already provided.

Oh, One more thing what is the patch for lid sleep and sleep button I have a atheros 9285 too. I am using ioa3k Kext. Thanks and more power to you.

Don't know anything about the LID patch -- haven't had to deal with that yet.

As far as AR9285, all you need is a simple DSDT patch, which can be created once you have raw DSDT + ioreg dump (with card installed).

@dastre

Were you able to apply RehabMan dsdt battery patch in your dsdt in post #276? Would appreciate if you could patch it and share your dsdt.aml for Lenovo u410. Thanks.

Realize that you don't really want to use a DSDT from a computer other than your own. It is always better to gather the patches rather than the patched DSDT.

I just tried it with your DSDT in post #275. No errors here. The exact patch is in the linked post already provided.

Don't know anything about the LID patch -- haven't had to deal with that yet.

As far as AR9285, all you need is a simple DSDT patch, which can be created once you have raw DSDT + ioreg dump (with card installed).

Hi Rehabman,

Did you do the first code or the second code on the link that you gave me. Because im using maciasl and always find 8 errors when i compile it? I will try it again. And that is why too, I ask dastre's help coz his dsdt is working on mine. Thank for your help. How do i do the ioreg dump? Sorry all new to hackintosh with regards to dsdt editing and patching. Thanks again.

@dastre

I'm not having any issues with the battery. I'm using the AppleACPIBatteryManager from the posters zip.

Hi Rehabman,

Did you do the first code or the second code on the link that you gave me. Because im using maciasl and always find 8 errors when i compile it? I will try it again. And that is why too, I ask dastre's help coz his dsdt is working on mine. Thank for your help. How do i do the ioreg dump? Sorry all new to hackintosh with regards to dsdt editing and patching. Thanks again.

The entire patch is in this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...artbatterymanager-lenovo-z580.html#post656392

If you're having trouble, respond with the DSDT you're attempting to patch. If you are trying to patch an already patched DSDT, it could be that the battery methods were already tampered with.

As for ioreg dump: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back