Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Using 6 series enables Sleep only with USB 2.0. But remenber, still cannot use AppleXHCUSB or GenericXHCUSB. This last DSDT looks more polished. We still need that 3.0 patch or someone says around there that we can use PXHCD. I'll make a try.

What do you mean with the bold?

Also I did not try PXHCD, good call trying

What do you mean with the bold?

GenericUSBXHCI or AppleUSBXHCI breaks sleep, at least in my U310.

Also I did not try PXHCD, good call trying

Mmm, PXHCD do nothing, still being detected USB ports as 2.0. Keep trying.

Im running out of ideas, but i dont have any USB 3.0 gadgets so... it's not a big problem, for now.

Using 6 series enables Sleep only with USB 2.0. But remenber, still cannot use AppleXHCUSB or GenericXHCUSB. This last DSDT looks more polished. We still need that 3.0 patch or someone says around there that we can use PXHCD. I'll make a try.

We tried using PXHCD for USB3 on the ProBook and it was not stable. And generally, you only use it for non-Intel USB3. Hang tight to when I have more time to analyze the XHC patches in ikkoku's DSDT.

GenericUSBXHCI or AppleUSBXHCI breaks sleep, at least in my U310.

Mmm, PXHCD do nothing, still being detected USB ports as 2.0. Keep trying.

Im running out of ideas, but i dont have any USB 3.0 gadgets so... it's not a big problem, for now.

Same here. Good to know about PXHCD. Also I don't use USB3 either, I don't really care too much. Still using ikkoku's DSDT because sleep is important to me. I hope we can get this solved but I really think the EHC1 and EHC2 doing it

We tried using PXHCD for USB3 on the ProBook and it was not stable. And generally, you only use it for non-Intel USB3. Hang tight to when I have more time to analyze the XHC patches in ikkoku's DSDT.

:clap::thumbup::headbang::D

Is the version you redid the one that you uploaded awhile back in this thread?

When I use that my volume buttons work but the change is not reflected in the slider from the menu bar. For example, half volume set with keyboard buttons, she speaker symbol on the menu bar still shows full. The only time it changes is if it's set to mute with the buttons then you see no bars.

Also, does your brightness keys work? When I change the brightness with keyboard buttons, it changes very slow and the apple brightness slider dousn't show? In preferences the slider is there but does not function.

yes, that's the one.

my volume buttons work without issues.

brightness keys (F11/F12) works fine but I don't have the brightness slider. I have like 16-18 levels/presses between low - high. I had a discussion (on the u310 or u410 threads) with Rehabman on this one also. Not sure if it can be done on this forum, but if you can look up my profile and find all posts, you should be able to find it.

Which U310 do you have. I see a different processor, just wondering if there are other differences.

Same here. Good to know about PXHCD. Also I don't use USB3 either, I don't really care too much. Still using ikkoku's DSDT because sleep is important to me. I hope we can get this solved but I really think the EHC1 and EHC2 doing it

get what solved? sleep? I thought it's working for you with my dsdt?

yes, that's the one.

brightness keys (F11/F12) works fine but I don't have the brightness slider. I have like 16-18 levels/presses between low - high. I had a discussion (on the u310 or u410 threads) with Rehabman on this one also. Not sure if it can be done on this forum, but if you can look up my profile and find all posts, you should be able to find it.

Which U310 do you have. I see a different processor, just wondering if there are other differences.

get what solved? sleep? I thought it's working for you with my dsdt?

Ok, will look for the posts. Thanks.

I have the U310 Touch (Touchscreen) that shipped with Windows 8. 24GB SSD and 500GB HD. 4GB RAM, Intel 4000 graphics, I5-3317U, Intel WIFI, Conexant audio.

Your DSDT solves 90% of my problems and I am using it right now, but per Rehabman it's optimal to have my own DSDT with applied patches rather than using someone else's.

The touchscreen is seen my OS X as part of the USB bus, and if touched the mouse just goes to the top left corner of the screen. There's got to be a way to make that work :)

yes, that's the one.

My Specs:

i3-3217U
4 GB Ram
HD 4000
Conexant Smart Audio
Dell DW1390 Wifi-Card (Work out of the box, as Airport) (bought and plugged from the first day)

Is that why i don't need the Atheros patch included in your DSDT and want to refine and "of course" learn to build a DSDT. My U310 functions in the same way with your DSDT and the one i build with the help of Rehabman and XMYUKON. I only waiting for the awesome XHC patch, that your DSDT have inside.

Surprisingly although our system have different processors, the memory positions and directions are identical.

Ok, will look for the posts. Thanks.

I have the U310 Touch (Touchscreen) that shipped with Windows 8. 24GB SSD and 500GB HD. 4GB RAM, Intel 4000 graphics, I5-3317U, Intel WIFI, Conexant audio.

Your DSDT solves 90% of my problems and I am using it right now, but per Rehabman it's optimal to have my own DSDT with applied patches rather than using someone else's.

I see... you have the win8 version... mine is the non touch with win7 and a bigger ssd. Oh also I'm on 10.8.4. going to skip the 10.8.5 update and wait for 10.9

regarding dsdt. you can do a diff of the dsdts and just patch the differences knowing which patches affect what so as not to disturb the stuff inherent on your machine.

btw, which smbios are you using? I'm using MBA 5,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back