Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad S340 15IWL Trackpad not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
So something came to mind last night while on my 330s. I noticed both have a key dedicated to disabling the touchpad (F6). I accidently hit it on my 330s last night and it did work. However on my s340 it doesn't seem to do anything. I wonder if we map it correctly maybe our touchpads are just disabled!
Good catch. F6 certainly does disable/enable the trackpad on my S340.
With the HID satellite now loading, it's bewildering why the trackpad doesn't work for you.

It might be a long shot, but I wonder if there's anything in the NVRAM causing an issue with the trackpad. You could reset it by pressing F11 at the Clover boot menu.

Last edited:
Seems CHID is not loading on my machine again. I decided to make a post in the VoodooI2C thread to see if the experts there take note and can help us.

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 9.21.55 AM.png

It seems another common thread between us is our s340 are running different CPUs than those working (i5-8265u vs i3 or i7). I wonder if we need to manually apply the SSDT's. I'm not exactly sure how that process works but if someone has a good guide I'd be game to give it a shot.

Maybe you could try creating a SSDT patch file for *your* laptop's trackpad...
Step1) Reboot, and press F4 at the Clover menu to dump the ACPI files (into EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin ). This is where you'll find the DSDT.aml file needed for step2

Step2) Use the GenI2C tool to disassemble the main DSDT.aml (ie. creates a DSDT.dsl file from the DSDT.aml file). You'll use this DSDT.dsl file for step3

Step3) Use the GenI2C tool to generate the SSDT patch file. (Try APIC/GPI0 option first)

Step4) Follow the instructions in the newly created Readme.txt for renames (Clover config) and coping the patch file (SSDT-GPI0.aml) to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

Be sure to have a backup of your EFI folder, just in case something goes wrong.

Attachments

• step2.png
    step2.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 97
  • step3.png
    step3.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 118
  • step4.png
    step4.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 100
Step1) Reboot, and press F4 at the Clover menu to dump the ACPI files (into EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin ). This is where you'll find the DSDT.aml file needed for step2

Step2) Use the GenI2C tool to disassemble the main DSDT.aml (ie. creates a DSDT.dsl file from the DSDT.aml file). You'll use this DSDT.dsl file for step3

Step3) Use the GenI2C tool to generate the SSDT patch file. (Try APIC/GPI0 option first)

Step4) Follow the instructions in the newly created Readme.txt for renames (Clover config) and coping the patch file (SSDT-GPI0.aml) to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

Awesome! I will definitely try this today. Thanks @curtistn !!

Last edited:

Should I remove all current patches in ACPI tab on my config.plist w/just what is in the readme? Also should I remove all other patches from the E/C/A/patched dir?

Last edited:
Should I remove all current patches in ACPI tab on my config.plist w/just what is in the readme? Also should I remove all other patches from the E/C/A/patched dir?
Keep all the existing ACPI renames in config.plist, and keep all patches in E/C/A/patched.
The GenI2C should create a SSDT-GPI0.aml file to replace the existing one in E/C/A/patched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back