Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad S340 15IWL Trackpad not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Patrick545 VoodooI2CHID.kext might not be injecting properly. Try loading it manually to see if the trackpad works...
temporarily copy the kext to your Desktop, then from the terminal
sudo chown -R root:wheel ~/Desktop/VoodooI2CHID.kext
sudo kextutil -v ~/Desktop/VoodooI2CHID.kext

Another option might be to move the VoodooI2C and the HID satellite to /Library/Extensions
I did that from terminal and got this.. what does it mean?

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-01-23 alle 12.26.21.png
    Schermata 2020-01-23 alle 12.26.21.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 87
I had same experience as ClashFarmer.. I unchecked a few boxes to match your screenshot and added the forced kext (on mojave). For some reason I had IONetworking...kext already listed so I removed that as well to make sure it wasn't some other conflict. Still no dice but very hopeful!
Oh, sorry. Just add the IOGraphicsFamily. Don't make any changes (and leave IONetworking). I'll post my EFI for everyone.

Here's my working EFI for Catalina, which includes the trackpad fix (for my S340-15IWL laptop).
Be sure to generate/use your own serial number, SmUUID, etc.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.6 MB · Views: 113
  • GENI2C.png
    GENI2C.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 89
So I used your EFI (replacing the serial, etc..). Still not working. The satellite is not attaching per geni2c. Kextstat shows CHID is loaded though. Maybe this weekend I will do a clean install to see if that solves it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 8.21.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 8.21.44 AM.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 8.23.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 8.23.20 AM.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 81
Oh, sorry. Just add the IOGraphicsFamily. Don't make any changes (and leave IONetworking). I'll post my EFI for everyone.
Oddly enough, unchecking those boxes and removing IONetworking...kext may have fixed my BCM94360CS2 bluetooth issue. This is the first time both wifi and bluetooth are working flawlessly. Using Curtistn's EFI with the checkmarks and loading IONetworking...kext turned on didn't fix my trackpad :'(. However not sure what changed but my BCM94360CS2 wifi + BT are working great.

Last edited:
I'm definitely in the same boat as Clash farmer. I swapped back into my clean install of Catalina and copied in the EFI you listed. I too now see CHID connected as satellite but no touchpad :/

@Jiveman and @ClashFarmer just curious... is your S340 the model with a touchscreen?

Also, inspect the "Ignore" option under Accessibility->Mouse+TrackPad in System Preferences. It should not be checked.

Attachments

• access-option.png
    access-option.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
@Jiveman and @ClashFarmer just curious... is your S340 the model with a touchscreen?

Also, inspect the "Ignore" option under Accessibility->Mouse+TrackPad in System Preferences. It should not be checked.
That is interesting, but my accessibility does not have that option. I looked everywhere and didn't find it. I'm on 10.15.2 at this point.

My laptop is not a touchscreen model.

So something came to mind last night while on my 330s. I noticed both have a key dedicated to disabling the touchpad (F6). I accidently hit it on my 330s last night and it did work. However on my s340 it doesn't seem to do anything. I wonder if we map it correctly maybe our touchpads are just disabled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back