Motherboard
Lenovo Ideapad S340-Clover
CPU
i5-8265U
Graphics
UHD 620 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, following the great guide and the EFI folder provided by @4mit in his discussion (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-ideapad-s340-laptop-on-catalina.288003/) me and several other people were able to install correctly Catalina on our machine, with almost everything working. Unfortunately for some of us, randomly, the trackpad isn't working. For someone else instead is working. And that seems to happen randomly and we can't figure out the problem. For example the user @4mit has the trackpad working even after trying on his machine the EFI folder from another user who can't make the trackpad works on his machine.
So looks like we are out of options and we thought we could ask for some advice from someone more expert here.
Anyone have some ideas why, in the same machine, someone has the trackpad working and someone not?
Thanks

here are the diagnostic files from a system that needs help with the trackpad on Catalina:

For what it's worth I'm another member who is having trouble with his trackpad using a Lenovo S340 15IWL i5. I mention i5 because I noticed some others with working trackpads seem to be on the same laptop but with an i3 CPU. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

@Patrick545 VoodooI2CHID.kext might not be injecting properly. Try loading it manually to see if the trackpad works...
temporarily copy the kext to your Desktop, then from the terminal
sudo chown -R root:wheel ~/Desktop/VoodooI2CHID.kext
sudo kextutil -v ~/Desktop/VoodooI2CHID.kext

Another option might be to move the VoodooI2C and the HID satellite to /Library/Extensions

Another person reported a dependency on IOGraphicsFamily.kext This may be out-dated information; but they forced that Apple kext to load (via Clover), then the HID kext loaded and trackpad worked.

Attachments

• dependency.png
    dependency.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 124
Another person reported a dependency on IOGraphicsFamily.kext This may be out-dated information; but they forced that Apple kext to load (via Clover), then the HID kext loaded and trackpad worked.
@Patrick545 @Jiveman I got it working! ...I installed Catalina on a spare drive, and like before, the trackpad did not work. I used the same EFI from my Mojave installation, but then added the ForceKextToLoad option for IOGraphicsFamily.kext
Now the HID satellite loads and the trackpad works!! Please try this. I hope it works for you.

Attachments

• dependency.png
    dependency.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 109
@Patrick545 @Jiveman I got it working! ...I installed Catalina on a spare drive, and like before, the trackpad did not work. I used the same EFI from my Mojave installation, but then added the ForceKextToLoad option for IOGraphicsFamily.kext
Now the HID satellite loads and the trackpad works!! Please try this. I hope it works for you.

Awesome news!

I had same experience as ClashFarmer.. I unchecked a few boxes to match your screenshot and added the forced kext (on mojave). For some reason I had IONetworking...kext already listed so I removed that as well to make sure it wasn't some other conflict. Still no dice but very hopeful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back