Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad S340 15IWL Trackpad not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid question but did you try the F6 button? (trackpad disable button)
Yes I did. Nothing happened. Looks like this button doesn’t work in macOS. Maybe here’s a keyboard issue that prevents from turning on the trackpad by pressing F6 or Fn+F6?

Just wanted to add an update on this thread, as the trackpad issue has been resolved.
See post #1 and follow the original thread.
Personally, I upgraded to a different S340-15IWL (one with an IPS touchscreen) and the trackpad didn't work. I used my working EFI from previous S340 and then added the KextsToPatch mods (see picture) and copied the attached file to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched Now, the trackpad works!

Attachments

• prevent apple i2c.png
    prevent apple i2c.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 156
  • SSDT-I2C0-SPED.aml
    226 bytes · Views: 210
@curtistn You did it you big beautiful human! Agh I'm so happy my track pad works now. I have the i5 version w/no touchscreen and can confirm it's working. THANK YOU!!!!

Your majesty @curtistn, could we be honored to get your latest golden EFI for our modest Lenovo Ideapad s340 if you had any changes on it

Last edited:
Your majesty @curtistn, could we be honored to get your latest golden EFI for our modest Lenovo Ideapad s340 if you had any changes on it
Latest EFI folder, minus the serial numbers. Please note the touchscreen doesn't work, nor do I want it to....I can't tolerate fingerprints on the screen. Also, for anyone using the full HD panel (1920x1080) and find the fonts too small; I've attached a script, I found, that will help via activating/forcing HiDPI.

Attachments

• Lenovo-S340_EFI.zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 93
  • hidpi.sh.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back