Graphics
intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hoping someone can tell me if this machine is hackintoshable. Any info, guides, etc would be most appreciated. I'd like to run Lion or Mountain Lion if possible.
Lenovo Ideapad P500

Processor-intel i5 3210m 2.50ghz
graphics- intel hd 4000
wifi-intel centrino wireless n 2230
Realtek audio

Thanks in advance!!

Hope somebody can help me too. My system is Lenovo Ideapad N581. Using unibeast to install Os X Lion. Not sure if I should go mountain lion. This laptop has
a UEFI bios, but can use legacy too. Manged too boot fron USB stick with Unibeast Lion. Using flag arch=i386 and getting to the grey apple logo. no spinning icon.

My Specs are.
Intel Core I3-3110M 2.40-oob
750 GB HD-oob
8GB Ramaxel Ram-oob
Intel HD4000 Graphics-device properties string in chameleon, video great (No Dimming (No audio)
Broadcom 802.11n 4313 not working
Intel Hm76 Chipset-oob
ACPI X64 based PC
USB 3.0 and 2.0- kexts no biggie(working)

Any help is appreciated. Tried alot of boot flags

Hope somebody can help me too. My system is Lenovo Ideapad N581. Using unibeast to install Os X Lion. Not sure if I should go mountain lion. This laptop has
a UEFI bios, but can use legacy too. Manged too boot fron USB stick with Unibeast Lion. Using flag arch=i386 and getting to the grey apple logo. no spinning icon.

My Specs are.
Intel Core I3-3110M 2.40
750 GB HD
8GB Ramaxel Ram
Intel HD4000 Graphics
Broadcom 802.11n
Intel Hm76 Chipset
ACPI X64 based PC
Microsoft virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter.

Update on progress-
Found out needed Unibeast with bridgehelper on USB Stick- Done
booted with updATED UsB Stick. Getting to Apple Logo Grey Screen without arch=I386
Spinning thingy goes for a bit and then a stop sign symbol appears.
Booted with with flag -v gets me this y><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
And then "Still Waiting for root device"
Should I erase my whole Drive?

Hi, i haven't gotten around to trying anything yet on my ideapad. As far as your root device error, you don't have to wipe your whole hard drive. I had this same issue a few years back on another machine i was building and I was able to solve it by adding a kext file to my "extra" folder. For the life of me i can't remember exactly which kext it was but i remember dropping it in and then booting right up without any root device error messages. If i figure out anything i well let you know. Good luck and keep me posted on your progress. I hope to start hackintoshing my ideapad over the weekend.

Hi, i haven't gotten around to trying anything yet on my ideapad. As far as your root device error, you don't have to wipe your whole hard drive. I had this same issue a few years back on another machine i was building and I was able to solve it by adding a kext file to my "extra" folder. For the life of me i can't remember exactly which kext it was but i remember dropping it in and then booting right up without any root device error messages. If i figure out anything i well let you know. Good luck and keep me posted on your progress. I hope to start hackintoshing my ideapad over the weekend.

Update: Some Success.
I think you might be referring to this kext IOATAfamily.kext right. Put this kext on USB stick with real mac. think I put the wrong
version. People are sying to use 2.5.1 32/bit/64bit since 10.6.3. Will try that.

Good news.
I am passed the Still waiting for root device by using this flag EHCIacquire=Yes -v. Boots into installer Yeaaahh !
But does not see internal hd. Gonna try version 2.5.1 when I have time.

Happy ith the progress so far.

Update: Some Success.
I think you might be referring to this kext IOATAfamily.kext right. Put this kext on USB stick with real mac. think I put the wrong
version. People are sying to use 2.5.1 32/bit/64bit since 10.6.3. Will try that.

Good news.
I am passed the Still waiting for root device by using this flag EHCIacquire=Yes -v. Boots into installer Yeaaahh !
But does not see internal hd. Gonna try version 2.5.1 when I have time.

Happy ith the progress so far.

Wow !! What a trip this is
Only things I need working are
Broadcom 4313 Wifi does not work. need help Device ID 4727 Vendor ID PCI14e4 or something
Bought Wifi card from Ebay. Lenovo N581 says Unauthorized Card. Help
Intel HD 4000 grahics working with Device Properties in Chameleon string HDMI video wrks great (No Audio) any fixes
Have not tried Voodoo yet. Want native support.

Hoping someone can tell me if this machine is hackintoshable. Any info, guides, etc would be most appreciated. I'd like to run Lion or Mountain Lion if possible.
Lenovo Ideapad P500

Processor-intel i5 3210m 2.50ghz
graphics- intel hd 4000
wifi-intel centrino wireless n 2230
Realtek audio

Thanks in advance!!

Overall: Can't boot at the moment after installation.

I have the Ideapad P500 running with
Processor: Intel Core i5-3230M (3rd Generation Intel Core Series) [It would still work with i5-3210M]
Graphics: Intel HD 4000
Audio: Realtek HD ALC259
Wireless: Atheros AR9285 (failed to initialize because of the UNAUTHORIZED WIRELESS CARD ISSUE)

Things I tried (Mountain Lion 10.8.5):
1. Installed without customizing (default settings)...BOOT FAILED AFTER INSTALLATION
2. Installed with the iMac13,1, MacMini6,2, iMac13,2, or MacMini6,1...KERNEL PANIC
3. Installed with GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag, Backup Graphics....INSTALLATION FAILED
4. Installed with Clover Bootloader with GraphicsEnabler=No, iMac13,1...KERNEL PANIC

Things I tried (Mavericks 10.9.2):
1. Boot flags: ivy -v PCIRootUID=0....BOOT FAILED BEFORE INSTALLATION
2. Boot flags: -v GraphicsEnabler=No....BOOT FAILED BEFORE INSTALLATION

My Specs are.
Intel Core I3-3110M 2.40-oob
750 GB HD-oob
8GB Ramaxel Ram-oob
Intel HD4000 Graphics-device properties string in chameleon, video great (No Dimming (No audio)
Broadcom 802.11n 4313 not working
Intel Hm76 Chipset-oob
ACPI X64 based PC
USB 3.0 and 2.0- kexts no biggie(working)

Lion doesn't work with the processor/graphics you have since it's Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation) for 10.7.2. Try Lion running on 10.7.5. Mountain Lion should also work. I just have problems booting after installation. I'm working on it.

Overall: Can't boot at the moment after installation.

I have the Ideapad P500 running with
Processor: Intel Core i5-3230M (3rd Generation Intel Core Series) [It would still work with i5-3210M]
Graphics: Intel HD 4000
Audio: Realtek HD ALC259
Wireless: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 + Bluetooth (might replace with Atheros AR9285)
OS: Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion [Won't work with Lion 10.7.x because it only supports 2nd generation Intel Core i5's. Installation boot failed on Mavericks 10.9.x]

Things I tried (Mountain Lion 10.8.5):
1. Installed without customizing (default settings)...BOOT FAILED AFTER INSTALLATION
2. Installed with the iMac13,1, MacMini6,2, iMac13,2, or MacMini6,1...KERNEL PANIC
3. Installed with GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag, Backup Graphics....INSTALLATION FAILED
4. Installed with Clover Bootloader with GraphicsEnabler=No, iMac13,1...KERNEL PANIC

Things I tried (Mavericks 10.9.2):
1. Boot flags: ivy -v PCIRootUID=0....BOOT FAILED BEFORE INSTALLATION
2. Boot flags: -v GraphicsEnabler=No....BOOT FAILED BEFORE INSTALLATION

What is your screen resolution?

Lion 10.7.5 is the only version of Lion to support Ivy/HD4000.

---

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature (pointer over your name in upper right - drop down menu select Settings and Edit Profile from options in left pane of Settings menu.)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

- - - Updated - - -

Lion doesn't work with the processor/graphics you have since it's Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation). Tried 10.7.2 on my P500 with i5-3230M/HD 4000 (Ivy).

Incorrect. Lion 10.7.5 was the first version of OS X to support Ivy/HD4000.

What is your screen resolution?

Lion 10.7.5 is the only version of Lion to support Ivy/HD4000.

---

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature (pointer over your name in upper right - drop down menu select Settings and Edit Profile from options in left pane of Settings menu.)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect. Lion 10.7.5 was the first version of OS X to support Ivy/HD4000.

The screen resolution is 1366x768. Sorry for false info with Lion. I didn't know 10.7.5 supports HD 4000 (Ivy Bridge).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back